Droids and Ky

I wasn't planning on doing a part 2 for the previous one shot, so I don't have any ideas planned for it, so comment some here I guess?

So I'm gonna write some Ky stuff and her love for droids(especially R3).

Set right before "The Lost Prisoner" (her episode around mid season 3, if you know, you know 😉)

- - -

"Mart?" Ky rose a brow as she walked up the ramp of Sato's Hammer. There was no response, as she rolled her eyes at the flickering lights. She sighed, about to turn away from the ship before she heard the little beeping of a droid. She chuckled, turning back to R3 as he rolled down the ramp, "you lose you squadron little guy?"

R3 bounced a little, using his mechanical arm to point to hallway where the engines and hyperdrive were. She smiled, patting his dome and heading in that direction, the little droid rolling behind her.

Jonner Jin looked over from where he sat on the nearby crate,

"Uh, Ky right?"

"That's me," she smiled a little, "I wanted to see how you guys were settling into Phoenix squadron."

"I mean, it's different," Jonner shrugged, chuckling as he continued, "haven't left Mykapo... ever."

"A lot of people were the same way," she told him, "Ezra was like that for a while."

"And he just left his home to join the rebellion?" The theelin asked from under the hyperdrive. Ky nearly jumped, not noticing Gooti under there.

She scratched the back of her neck, "Well, not exactly. It's a long story."

"He'll have to tell-"

"No, no no. You do not want to divert power to your hyperdrive until after it has been repaired."

"I know AP," Mart rolled his eyes as they walked down the halls, "I know my ship."

"You mean this flying piece of junk?"

Ky rolled her eyes, "AP-5, shouldn't you be helping Kanan with those landing codes. We need them for our mission."

"Oh, hello Ky," the droid turned in her direction, Ky being one of the few humanoids he tolerated, "and I have already given Kanan the codes."

"Alright then." she shrugged, as Mart looked over to her.

"You heading out soon?" He asked, putting the small bin of parts by Gooti's feet, not taking his eyes off of Ky.

"Yeah, just waiting on Kanan."

Mart nodded, as AP-5 spoke up,

"Shouldn't you be fixing your precious ship?"

"I'm not a mechanic," Mart shot the droid a glare, "Gooti and R3 usually do the repairs."

"Well I'm not a mechanic either," she told him, "maybe if you helped you'd learn a thing or two."

"If you want, I can help you guys with repairs once I get back."

"That would be great," Mart smiled at her, "when do you get back?"

"Not sure," she shrugged, "a day maybe?"

"I think the ship can last until then," Gooti laughed a little, "right R3?"

R3 chirped, Ky looked down at the droid and smiled softly,

"Anxious little droid," she knelt in front of him, patting his dome, "don't worry little guy, I'll make sure your ship is all good once I get back."

R3 beeped, causing Mart to smiled,

"He likes you."

"All droids do."

"Ky?" Someone called out. She sighed, patting R3's dome as she stood up,

"That's my queue," she smiled, "don't blow up your ship while I'm gone."

"Sure thing."

- - -

Kanan tossed her some clothes, as Hera looked over to her daughter.

"Disguise," Kanan told her as she looked over the officer uniform, "only thing we had that'll fit you."

"I've never seen an imperial officer as short as I am," Ky looked over it, brushing her hands over the fabric, "you sure this plan will work?"

"It'll work," Hera told them, "and it's a good test to see if we trust Fulcrum."

Ky scoffed, "Easy test, we can't."

"We'll see."

"Rex will be joining you," Hera told them, "be careful out there." She brushed her hand on Ky's shoulder as she headed to the command center.

"Speaking of," Kanan replied, adjusting his stormtrooper armor, "where is Rex?"

"I saw him on the shuttle when I was heading to check on Iron Squadron."

"Alright then, let's head out."

- - -

👀