After

"Sabine, please be careful." Hera stated, as she placed both of her hands on each of the girls shoulders. 

"I will," she stated in response, "I'll bring him back. I promise." 

"I know you will, but we don't know what else is out there. The Empire might be gone, but it still isn't a perfect galaxy." she explained. Sabine nodded as Hera pulled her into a hug. Sabine snuggled in closer, letting out a breath she didn't realize she was holding it. She felt as safe as she had been when Kanan and Ezra were around as Hera held her close. The girls pulled apart, Sabine feeling something in her hands that wasn't there before. It was Ezra's lightsaber. 

"You should keep this, in case something happens here." Sabine suggested, trying to hand the weapon back to Hera. Hera pushed it back into Sabine's hands. 

"We'll be alright." Hera told Sabine, as the girl sighed and placed it inside her bag. Along with the blade, was some various paints, a few holo-disks of the crew. In case Ezra needed to see them before they could get back. Along with Ezra's message, in case Sabine could somehow find a clue hidden. Even after listening to it a million times. Zeb placed his paw on Sabine's shoulder, looking down at her with a smile. Kallus was standing at the ramp of the Ghost, watching the family say their goodbyes. 

"We'll check the planets around Lirasan," Zeb told Sabine, "you'll be the first to hear if we find him." 

"Okay, thank you." Sabine replied. Zeb pulled her into an embrace, inside he was hoping that she would stay safe on her long journey. He hoped he would see her and Ezra again soon. 

"Be careful, we'll be there in an instant if you need us." Zeb continued as they pulled apart, "if you can't contact us get to Lirasan-"

"Zeb, I'll be okay. Ahsoka will have my back." Sabine cut him off. He nodded as he looked at her. She had grown up so quickly, and without Kanan and Ezra, Zeb took it upon himself to look after her. Now she was leaving, and he hated it. 

"Good luck." he told her. She smiled as she looked at Hera again. She gave a half-smile, trying to hide the tears in her eyes. Sabine did the same, but one slid down her cheek. She climbed onto her speeder, as they watched her. Chopper gave a sad buzz, as she drove off. 

The wind was against her face as she drove the speeder to Ezra's tower. She would see Ahsoka's ship when it arrived, but she had time. On the hills were some of the loth-wolfs, watching her as she sped off. Standing at Ezra's tower, invisible to anyone's eyes, was a blue figure, watching her as she entered. He followed, wanted to protect her with all of his might. Sabine stood on the balcony, leaning against the railing. She watched the clear blue sky, nothing was there. No clouds or ships. It was beautiful, but she was anxious to get going. The blue figure stood behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder with a gentle smile on his face. Sabine closed her eyes, as she felt it, looking back and opening them to see nothing. 

"Who's there?" she called out. No one answered her, but she knew someone was there. Someone had given her comfort, that she needed at that time. But who? "Ezra?" Sabine called again, looking around. She sighed as she leaned against the railing again. Nothing held her or gave her the comfort again, but she could tell. Deep in her gut, she knew someone was watching her. 

"Sabine..." 

"Kanan!" Sabine yelled, as she heard the distant echo. She turned around, quickly scanning. She knew his voice, even after the years that had passed. He wasn't there. She was hearing things. As she leaned against the railing again, a shadow cast over her and a loud buzz was in the air. She looked up, one hand left on the railing. It was Ahsoka. She had arrived. 

Sabine got back onto the speeder as quick as possible, and she zoomed off, looking back to see if Kanan was there. He wasn't. 

She arrived to the mural, where she had promised to meet Ahsoka. The ship hadn't landed yet, but Ahsoka was on Lothal. Sabine walked up to it, smiling at the face of Ezra and Kanan. She missed them both dearly. She held Ezra's saber in one of her hands, the other gently tapping the painting of Ezra. Sabine felt as though he was waiting for her, as she heard the clank of something against the floor behind her. She turned around, a smile spreading on her face. Ahsoka watched her, with a white cape covering her. Sabine placed her helmet on and the saber into her bag. She walked off, keeping a hand on the bag. 

 Ezra's out there somewhere,  and it's time to bring him home.