Interrogation

Thanks for all the Mykapo love!

- - -

"You know your way there?" The guard asked, pushing Mart and Jonner out of their shared cell, their hands still cuffed behind their backs. Both stayed silent, knowing what there was. The execution hall.

Jonner limped, staying at Mart's side. They shouldn't go out like this, the same way their families did in the past. They should put up a fight, die honoring the ones that didn't make it.

But he had to hold back. Gooti was out there, maybe dead. So was R3 and Ky, wherever they were. Did they even know about Mart and Jonner's capture? Had they been captured?

The doors swooshed open in front of them, the center of the room cleared out, dried blood staining the floor where countless rebels had been executed.

"Only you would be bold enough to come back here."

Mart wanted to roll his eyes at the woman's remarks, but instead he kept his eyes to the ground, holding back at glaring her down. He wanted to find his friends more than anything. He had to do whatever he needed to do to keep them safe. Iron Squadron was family. And as captain he needed to protect that family.

"Kneel." The guard told him, as Jonner looked over to Mart. Mart was his captain. He did whatever he said.

Mart didn't look over to his friend, as the guards shoved them both to their knees. Jonner winced, as the woman in front of them walked closer, her arms behind her back.

"You'll be happy to hear the girl is alive," she explained, "the guards are bringing her here."

He stayed silent. He was not going to say a word to her.

"Speak when you're spoken to."

He looked up to her as she crouched in front of him, staring into her brown eyes, the same eyes he had.

"Where's the other?" She said quietly, "we heard her name over the commlink. 'Ky' was it? Where is she?"

"Don't touch her."

The woman stood up, grabbing something from her back pocket, putting the blade against Jonner's next. Mart bit his lip as she continued,

"You know where she is. One of you does, at least. What about that droid of yours? Where is it?"

"I'm not telling you anything."

The blade was moved closer to Jonner's throat, the woman obviously getting annoyed,

"Tell me where they are, or he dies."

Jonner's eyes looked to Mart, "Don't do it."

"Jonner..." the breath barely escaped his lips. He didn't want to lose his best friend. Jonner had been with him since he was a child. They went through the deaths of their families and friends together. They joined Phoenix squadron together. They fought for the Rebellion together.

And now they might die together.

The door swooshed open behind them, as Mart's eyes darted over, watching as two guards brought Gooti in, shoving her onto the ground in front of Jonner and Mart.

Gooti couldn't look at them. She was too weak to even lift her head. Blood had practically soaked her clothes. She was pale, almost white instead of her normal pink. Her breathing was shallow. Her eyes were bloodshot.

Mart stared at her helplessly.

She was dying.

The woman stood up, pulling the knife away from Jonner and going behind Gooti. Mart practically held back tears as she moved the knife to Gooti's throat.

Please. He thought to himself. Please don't.

"Where are your friends?"

"Don't..." Gooti said weakly, forcing herself to look up to her friends, "I'm gone anyways..."

"Mother..." the words barely escaped Mart's lips, "please don't."

"Mother... please don't."

The boy was standing helplessly at the ramp of his father's ship. His father had been speared by a guard, knocked to the ground. Alive but injured. And she grabbed him. She held a knife to his throat. She was ready to kill him.

"Long live the Empire." She said between her teeth, as Mart let out a scream,

"No!"

"Mart," Jonner said, "Mart we need you here, buddy."

Jonner was looking at him. He was there. Like he was when she killed Mart's father. And now she was about to kill Gooti.

"Where. Are. They?" Iris Mattin said sternly, holding the knife closer. Gooti bit her lip, she was ready.

"Stop!" Mart practically screamed, "I don't know where they are!"

Iris pulled the knife away, glaring her son down. She scoffed, getting ready to shove it into the theelin's abdomen. It wouldn't kill her quickly. She would suffer, maybe long enough for one of them to spill.

There was some type of explosion. Glass spilled into the execution hall from the top windows,

Someone screamed,

"Get down!"

- - -

👀