Breakups and Kisses- (Modern AU)

I was actually so surprised that y'all liked the modern AU's so much! So here's one!
I probably spelt liquorice wrong. And autocorrect is failing me.

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF HARM

Also when writing modern aus, I see Sabine as a lesbian, and Zeb is gay (as I see him in the show as well).
- - -

It was normal for Sabine to keep to herself after school, but it wasn't normal for her to storm up to her room and lock herself inside for the entire night. Not unless something was wrong.

"Sabine?" Hera knocked on the door softly, hoping her daughter was alright. It was obvious she wasn't. But there had to be something she could do.

"Go away." Sabine said through her tears.

Hera frowned, "Sabine..."

"Leave me alone!" She yelled this time. Kanan was downstairs, eating dinner with Zeb and Ezra, and he could hear Sabine from upstairs. Looking to his sons for answers, he received shrugs from both of them. He sighed, grabbing a plate of food that was on the table for Sabine. He brought it upstairs, seeing Hera still at the door.

"Sabine?" He called out, "we're gonna let you be, but please eat. There's some food out here for you."

"Fine! Whatever."

Hera looked to him as he put the plate at Sabine's door, "What happened?"

"Not sure." He whispered, wrapping an arm around her and walking downstairs.

- - -

Sabine kept to herself the entire night, only opening the door once to get the plate of food from outside. But, that plate went from the ground straight to Sabine'a desk. And that's where it stayed.

She didn't eat, and she didn't sleep either. She stayed awake, staring at her blank phone screen. Waiting for a message to pop up. It didn't.

By the time morning came, Hera was yelling at both Zeb and Ezra to get out of bed, as usual. Sabine was almost always ready and out the door by now, but she hadn't left her bed.

"Sabine?" Hera knocked on her door again, "it's time to get up hon."

Sabine sniffled, "I'm just getting dressed, mom." That wasn't true. Sabine didn't even put pajamas on last night. She was still wearing jeans and her crop top, her shoes were still on too.

"Can I come in?"

"Um..." Sabine paused, "no."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine."

Hera frowned, not believing her for a second. Sabine always kept to herself, she would be okay.

"Alright..." she sighed, "hurry up, you'll be late."

"Yes mom."

Sabine threw herself out of bed, throwing her sweatshirt on, covering the fresh scars on her arm. She didn't bother changing her pants or shoes. She threw her bag on her back, grabbing her mirror and quickly looking at her makeup. Her face had streaks of mascara on it, and her lipstick had come off completely.

"Sabine come on!" Ezra yelled from downstairs.

Sabine blinked away more tears, wiping her makeup with her hand. There were makeup wipes in her locker. She could deal with it then.

- - -

When Sabine came home, Hera was there again to watch her run up to her bedroom without a word. She frowned,

"Sabine..."

Ezra sat down on the couch, "Something's  going on with her and Ketsu. Again."

She nodded, "I'm gonna run to the store. Let dad know for me?"

"Yeah."

- - -

Hera opened Sabine's door without warning this time.

"Hey..."

"I want to be alone."

"Brought you something." Hera forced a smile, holding up the bag. Sabine looked up to her, sniffling,

"What is it?"

Hera placed the plastic bag on her bed, sitting besides her. "Open it and find out."

Sabine slowly grabbed the bag, untying it. She smiled a teary smile, pulling out a bottle of Sprite, a bag of Cheetos, and a bag of Hershey kisses."

Hera wrapped an arm around her daughter, "You have every right to keep to yourself. But I can at least make you feel a little better."

Sabine laughed a little bit, "Thank you..."

"No problem, honey."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you too."