Unresponsive

missroyalmess and I watched the finale tonight so now I'm gonna make it more depressing. As I always do.

Damn is the the fifth time I've made it more depressing. I think so.

Ky is here because I love her

Changed my mind I'm just gonna write angst, not the finale again. Maybe.

- - -

"Kit, don't move!"

Ky stopped in her tracks, practically clutching her bo rifle as she looked at Zeb. The lasat had his hand reached out, his eyes darting from her, to Sabine, to Ezra, to a droid. Ky looked at it, it was not a droid she had seen before. And she knew droids well. A modified one, maybe. Not imperial.

Something moved by the windows to the old ruins of a clone base, as the droid turned and fired an elector pulse at it. A mynock landed on the floor near Ezra, still breathing, but unable to move or function at all. The droid looked around, almost as if it couldn't see them. It walked forwards, standing inches away from Sabine's face. But it did not attack her.

The Mandalorian stared at it, holding her breath, her heart beating a mile a minute. Ezra watched, slowly moving his hand towards his saber, but the droid quickly turned and shot the electric pulse at him. Ezra jumped out of the way, freezing against the wall, as the droid moved to where he last was.

"It can only see movement!" Sabine told them, as the droid looked around in her direction. Even talking was dangerous, but it still could be done.

"How do we destroy it?" Ky asked, watching as the droid walked over to the stairs her and Zeb were on.

"I don't know."

Ezra looked over to the mynock, closing his eyes. It was still alive. But unable to function. It couldn't see, hear, or move. It was paralyzed, and more.

"Well figure it out," Ezra told them, "and hurry!"

"Well what am I supposed to do?" Sabine replied, "if we move, we're dead!"

Ky's eyes darted to a moment up on the balcony, one the droid didn't notice or didn't care for. She held her breath, noticing the familiar scope.

"Zeb," she whispered, noticing the droid was still close to them, "up there."

"I don't see anything."

"Sniper," she told him, "the droid's got us standing still. Perfect targets."

"Karabast..."

- - -
"Hera..?"

"They aren't back yet..." the twi'lek uttered from where she sat on the edge of the bunk. Kanan sat up carefully, careful not the let them blanket fall of him. Hera had his shirt covering her, it fell just below her waist. He smiled his best, gently pulling her back down to the bed,

"Don't worry."

"I have to worry," she frowned, looking up to him, "I can't lose them too."

"I know," he kissed her cheek, "trust them, they'll be fine."

"You're sure?"

He kissed her again, this time on the lips, "I'm sure."

A few hours past, Hera laid half asleep in Kanan's arms, her bare back touching his chest. He smiled a little in his sleep, causing her to smile as well. Placing a kiss on his neck, she carefully unwrapped his arms from her waist, grabbing one of the blankets from the floor and wrapping it around herself.