What Happens Now?

Here is your first of three break one shots, and this one actually isn't Rebels. I finished resistance tonight and wanted to do a one shot, just a single small one. I don't want to make a "Star Wars ones shots" or even a resistance one cause it's rare I don't write Rebels, so hopefully y'all won't mind one

- - -
"It suits you," Yeager smiled softly as Tam walked back into the hanger bay, Bucket trailing besides her, "looks a lot more comfortable than that first order uniform."

"I've missed it," she chuckled, brushing her hands over her the new mechanic's uniform, "even though it isn't my old one."

"Maybe we trade it in for a pilot suit sometime?"

"Those are hard to come by," she smirked, crossing her arms, "would take a pretty good race to get my hands on one."

"I'm sure you could win the credits," he brushed his hand over the scuffed paint on the hull of the Fireball. She laughed a little, as he smiled back at her, "Kaz and Neeku did a pretty good job fixing her up."

"Really? Our Kaz?"

"Yes," Yeager rolled his eyes, "taught him a few tricks."

"I'm sure he learned quickly," she said sarcastically, both of them laughing for a moment, then growing quiet. Tam's smirk faded into a soft smile, "I'm glad to be back."

"And I'm glad to have you back."

"Even after everything that happened?"

"Even after everything, yes," he placed a hand on each of her shoulders, "you're family. No matter what choices you make, I will always love you Tam."

She looked up to him, nodding a little before jumping onto him with a hug. Yeager chuckled, wrapping his arms around her.

After losing his daughter, someone that could never be replaced, Tam sure came to fill the empty gap in his heart.

- - -

"Hey," a soft and sweet voice cut Kazuda Ziono off from his thoughts, as the boy looked over to the office to doorway, "partying not your thing?"

Kaz scratched the back of his head, "Torra, hey," he chuckled, "just not really feeling it tonight."

She walked in, plopping herself on the desk nearby,

"I usually love parties," she responded, "some sort of joy to make you forget how the word is burning down around you."

"Not doing that for you tonight?"

"No," she shrugged, looking to him, "what happens next?"

He looked down, fidgeting with his thumbs for a second,

"I don't know..."

"We fought so hard to protect the Colossus. It feels... weird to give up now, ya know?" She held her arms around her chest, "we're with the Resistance now, but most of us aren't fighters, so what do we do?"

"I'm thinking of taking the transport we stole," he sighed, "gonna try and meet up with Poe or something."

"And what about the rest of us?"

Kaz looked up to her, frowning, opening his mouth to say something but shook that thought away. Torra gave him a look, one that said spill. You're bad at keeping things from people.

"CB will probably join me," he said dryly, "maybe Yeager too. Tam and Bucket will want to stick with him. Neeku will want to stick with her."

"And me?"

He looked into her eyes, studying her expression for a moment. He was bad at reading expressions, terrible actually.

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to fight," she hopped to her feet, placing a hand on his shoulder and keeping a firm grip, "I am with you, Kazuda Ziono."

- - -

I can't write lighthearted/ball of joy characters well, so no neeku in this one (as much as I adore him)

I've got a cute Kanera one planned next, I hope you enjoyed this little resistance one!