All for You

I love how when I do get motivation to write it's 11pm.

Astrisia this one is for you.

Based off of "First Burn", the song above. Ursa is Eliza, with lyric changes. But this one is like "Sonya Alone" where I'm writing a story not changing the song (yet).

Writing this part of the A/N while writing the one shot: I kinda am rewriting the song as I write

- - -

"Mother..." Sabine frowned, looking to her, "if I had come back after everything, would you have let me stay?"

Ursa didn't even look at her daughter, a painful expression on her face, "Everything you left behind... your paintings, your clothes... And after you.."

Sabine stared at her mother, frowning as she continued,

"You used to be mine..." Ursa let out a painful sigh, "and then you..."

Sabine took a step towards her mother, but Ursa put her hand out to stop her, "Don't."

"I'm so sorry..."

"Do you know what your brother said?" She glared her down, "he said, "my sister's a traitor. I hate her for that."

"I didn't know!" Sabine cried out.

"Don't!" Ursa yelled, looking back at the snow covered planet, "I can't be trusted around you." Tears burned her eyes. This was her daughter.

"What did you think I was gonna do?! Let them use my weapon on you! On father and Tristan?!"

"You spoke out, Sabine. You could have kept your mouth shut, they wouldn't have hurt us or anyone else if you did."

"I wasn't gonna let them hurt-"

"Walk with me..." Ursa grabbed her arm, gently taking her to the throne room as they continued, "in clearing your name, you have ruined our lives."

"Mother... please."

"They might not have used it against us!" She practically yelled, "Your enemy whispered, so you had to scream... you had to speak out."

"I couldn't sit there and watch-"

"I know about whispers..." Ursa looked into Sabine's eyes, "I've seen what's become of you." She gestured to the Phoenix on her armor.

"It's over mother..." Sabine sniffled, "you cant undo the past."

"I'm erasing you from our narrative..." Ursa bit her lip, holding back tears, "you aren't a part of this family. Part of this clan. Just go..."

Sabine's eyes filled with tears, as they entered the throne room. Everyone was talking, too busy to notice Ursa and Sabine watching them from above.

"Mother..."

"This could have been yours, Sabine."

"I'm so sorry..." Sabine cried, "I want your forgiveness. I want to be back here, with you and Tristan and father..."

"You really want that?" Ursa looked to her, "Sabine... you lost that chance. Try explaining to them, to your people, to your family... explain to them the pain and embarrassment you put your mother through."

Sabine looked down, sniffling.

"This is your legacy..." Ursa muttered, looking down to the Jedi and the other members of the Clan, "not the rebellion. Our clan, our family, is your legacy. When you were mine..." Tears dropped down Ursa's face, "this was all for you."

- - -

And when the time comes.
Explain to your people.
The pain and embarrassment.
You put your mother through.
When will you learn,
That they are your legacy.
We are your legacy.
If you thought you were mine.