Late Night Walk

Yeah yeah... I forgot to update for like a week straight

Set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back

- - -

Jacen chose to scream in the middle of the night, crying for a good minute or two before Ky rolled out of bed.

She picked him up, sighing, "It's okay buddy.."

Jacen's pink face looked up to her, continuing to cry. Ky frowned, bouncing him a little bit, but he continued to cry.

Ky kissed his forehead, "What do you want..?" She muttered, continuing to bounce him. She regretted not being around Jacen much for the first week or two of him being around. Now, when her mother was out with Zeb on a mission, she felt helpless. Jacen was crying, for the third night in a row. And she didn't know what he wanted, for the third night in a row.

Mart groaned from their bunk, where he was sleeping with Ky while Hera and Zeb were gone. Zeb couldn't kill him if he didn't know. He looked over to Ky,

"You could always comm Hera."

"I don't want to bug her," Ky replied, grabbing one of Jacen's pacifiers from the table, looking back to the baby, "Do you want this?"

Jacen took it, and without second thought, threw it across the room. Mart chuckled, even though he could tell Ky was at her breaking point. He sat up,

"Sabine's usually awake, maybe she could help?"

Ky shook her head, "I've got it." She sat on the ground with Jacen, pulling out a toy and handing it to him, "do you want this?"

Jacen took it, examining it for a second, then threw it as well.

"I'll get him a bottle." Mart stood up, brushing his hand on Ky's shoulder as he walked by.

Jacen continued to cry, looking to his older sister. She stared back at him, unsure what to do.

She frowned, smelling him quickly. No diaper change was needed. So what was it? Ky picked up another toy,

"How about this one?" She placed it in the child's lap. He looked at it, throwing it just like the rest. Ky sighed, "come on buddy. I've had to get Sabine every night. Can we not do this tonight?"

Jacen continued to cry, reaching for her long hair and pulling it a little bit. Ky let him, not caring, since she just wanted him to stop crying.

Mart came back in with the bottle, sitting across from Ky and handing it to her. Ky smiled her best as a thank you, then attempted to feed Jacen.

He spit out the little milk that made it into his mouth. Ky put the bottle down,

"You're stubborn," She smiled softly at the baby, "I should have known considering your Kanan's baby."

Mart looked to her, "Let me guess? I'm gonna leave this room and go get Sabine."

Ky frowned, "I hate asking her for help."

"She doesn't mind, she loves Jacen."

"It's not that."

Mart placed his hand on Ky's knee, "I'm here Ky. You can talk to me."

She shook her head, "No... I just want to get him to stop..."

Mart frowned, "Maybe someone on the other ships has baby experience?"

"Unless Gooti or Jonner could help, I wouldn't know." She sighed.

"Yeah... I don't think they would know."