62. Endless Fear

A little while earlier,

Jimin: Jeon Jungkook, where are you even going?

Taehyung: Is this the correct way? Why does the sound of the waterfalls seem to be getting further away? I don't think we are headed in the right direction.

However, Jungkook doesn't pay heed to the protests of the two older members but continues to march ahead at full speed.

Jimin: Jungkook, stop! Listen, we are supposed to stick together, aren't we? Then, why are you going off on your own?

Taehyung jogs up to Jungkook and stops him abruptly.

Taehyung: Hey, we get it that you're angry and upset. I hate to break it to you, but it is really unfair what you are doing.

Jimin slowly makes his way to Jungkook whose eyes are fixed to the ground, breathing heavily. He places a hand on the younger's shoulder and gently squeezes it.

Jimin: I know you too well. I know why you are so hurt. But Jane doesn't. And you are confusing her with your outbursts. The problem is not her Jungkookie. It is you. And you know this.

Jungkook mindlessly toys with a small stone using his foot. He clenches his jaw tightly and listens to what his hyungs have to say to him.

Taehyung: Jungkookie, Bang PD sent us on this vacation so that we sort out our issues and realize the strength of our relationships. In a few days, we will not be with them anymore. Do you want to leave things loose like this before they leave? Don't you think that's too harsh?

Jungkook shakes his head softly, his tense features suddenly transforming into that of a little boy, insecure and scared.

Jungkook: I didn't mean to be hurtful.

Taehyung: But?

Jungkook fidgets with his fingers erratically while his lips form into a small pout.

Jungkook: It's just...s-she drives me mad!

Taehyung and Jimin exchange knowing glances and smile sweetly.

Jimin: Oh, we know exactly how you feel.

Taehyung: We've been there too! Don't worry you're not alone.

Jungkook looks up at the two of them and blinks innocently.

Jungkook: What do I do now?

Jimin ruffles his hair sweetly while he looks at the two of them expectantly, waiting for them to give him a solution.

Jimin: You know what you have to do. We don't need to tell you. Just trust yourself.

Taehyung: But first, let's find our way correctly. Where the hell are we anyway?

The two older members glare at the younger one disapprovingly while he just grins sheepishly.

Jungkook: Oops?

Taehyung: Ah, it's beginning to get dark. We've been walking for well over an hour. What if the girls are lost too?

Jimin: Why don't you call them- Oh! That's right! They don't have their phones! Geez, what a bummer! How do we contact them?

Taehyung: Let's call up Namjoon hyung and ask him to keep a look out for the girls.

Taehyung takes out his cell-phone but frowns when he stares at the screen. He lifts it up and walks around cautiously.

Taehyung: There is no signal. What do we do now?

Jimin: I guess we have no choice but to find our way on our own. Hopefully, the girls have reached the waterfalls by now.