35. Piano dreams

Jungkook blinks his eyes open hesitantly and scans his surroundings. It was dark all around.

Jungkook: Uh? Where am I? WHERE AM I???

He sits upright and pulls down his blanket, frantically feeling his surroundings. His fingers touch something warm besides him. Panicking, he reaches for his phone in his pocket only to find it empty.

Jungkook: Where is my phone?!!!

He skims the bedside table and he figures out that there is a lamp next to him. He switches it on and a dull yellow light fills the room. He turns to his side and finds Jane asleep at the extreme end of the bed.

Jungkook: Oh my God! I can't believe I fell asleep! Geez! Where is my phone? What is the time? What am I doing here? RAPMON HYUNG AND YOONGI HYUNG!!!

Jungkook looks around and finds his phone kept near the lamp. He picks it up and checks the time; it was 3:00 a.m.

Jungkook: Oh no! I have got 10 missed calls from Namjoon hyung...and...1 text message from Yoongi hyung?

He opens the message:

Yoongi: When will you be back?

Jungkook: How did I even fall asleep? The last I remember was Jane eating her food and then... Aha! That's when I must have slept off!

He looks at her tiny frame, as though she had shrunk half her size.

Jungkook: She is hardly even on the bed properly. At this rate, she might even fall off.

He gently lifts her head and pulls her towards him. She slowly shifts to the centre of the bed still asleep. His eyes trace her face in awe while his lips stretch into a small smile. Her hair which she had tied in a bun, had loose strands falling over her face.

She was shivering while clinging to the edge of the blanket, which was majorly spread over him. He lifts the blanket on top of her and she murmurs something in return.

Jungkook rests on his arm facing Jane as he continues to stare at her. He found it amusing. He found her amusing. Normally, he was the shy one. But here was someone who sort of reflected everything about him. He turns off the bedside lamp and lies back on the bed and inches closer towards her.

He stretches out his fingers, filled with the urge to outline her face. He draws her picture with his pointer finger while not touching her for he didn't want to wake her up for her blissful sleep. His finger pauses just above her lips and he has the urge to touch it. He slowly presses it down on her bottom lip and sighs.

Jane's eyes fly open suddenly and she stares straight into the black beady ones in front of her. Jungkook retreats his hand in shock, however he doesn't avert his gaze. The two of them continue to stare at each other before Jane's sight begins to blur out in the already dark room.

Jungkook catches a small smile on her face before she falls asleep once more, causing him to smirk.

Jungkook: I better call Namjoon hyung first thing tomorrow.

With a loud yawn he joins Jane in slumber.

_______________________________________

Next morning,

Namjoon knocks at Yoongi's door.

Yoongi: What happened?

Namjoon: Hyung, I spoke to Jane last night. She said that Jungkookie fell asleep in her room and so I asked her to let him to stay there for the night since it was snowing quite heavily. I didn't want him to come home at such a late hour in a taxi with the weather being bad.