37. Love is in the air

Yoongi: Look at those two lovebirds! How on earth did they get there?

Rachel: They must have crossed over these rocks. Jimin, give me your camera quick! I'll take a photo of them.

Rachel steps on one of the rocks to get a clearer view of Jane and Jungkook who are still oblivious of the others.

Namjoon: Be careful!

Jimin passes his camera to Leah who edges near the stream to give it to Rachel. As Rachel stretches her arm to receive the camera, she slips much to everyone's horror. Immediately Leah grabs hold of Rachel's arm and pulls her towards herself. The forceful pull causes Leah to lurch forward and fall face-first into the cold water while Rachel lands safely on the ground with the camera.

SPLAAaaaaaaaAAASSSSSHHHH!!!

Taehyung: LEAH!

Taehyung who was carrying Jin, drops him, throws away his jacket hastily and rushes to the stream despite the warnings of the guards to stay back. He waddles through the water to Leah and circles his arm around her shoulder, making his way back to the periphery of the stream where the guards pull them out.

Namjoon: Are you alright?

Leah coughs and splutters all the water she had gulped down. The others gather around while the guards push through to examine her for any injuries.

Leah: I'm...alright, a bit shaken but alright. God the water is freezing!

Taehyung immediately picks up his jacket and throws it around Leah, pulling it close at the centre. He then takes out her shoes and socks and rubs the soles of her feet.

Leah: Hey! No, please don't do that! I'm fine!

She folds her legs and sits cross-legged facing Taehyung. He gently palms her face and stares at her intently.

Taehyung: Are you hurt anywhere?

Leah shakes her head and smiles slightly.

Leah: If anything, I'm embarrassed.

Rachel: I don't know whether to apologize first or to thank you Lee!

Leah nods her head in disapproval while Jimin walks up to Rachel.

Leah: If ever I met a clumsier person in the world! Are you okay Rae?

Jimin: Seems like it's true then.

Rachel: What?

Jimin (grinning): You really have two left feet.

Rachel (scoffing): Yo dude, I'm perfectly normal. I can't help it if I skid, slip or fall every now and then...

Yoongi (to Jungkook and Jane): Yaah! You'll take it slow! We don't want any more of free-diving now, do we?

Jungkook and Jane cautiously cross from one rock to the other in order to re-join the others. The guards motion them to be careful.

Jane: Jungkook I can cross better if you let go of my hand. I'm unable to balance well and we might both end up in the water!

Jungkook: But-

Hoseok: She's right! Leave her hand Jungkookie.

Indignantly Jungkook let's go of Jane but continues to waver his arms behind her in case she slips.

Leah (chattering): I...I can't feel my t...toes or my fingers.

Jin rummages through the picnic basket in search of something.

Jin: Here, take this, it'll make you feel better.

He holds out a can of beer towards Leah.

Leah: I'm not sure I would like to drink anything more. I swallowed quite a bit of water.