15. The Injury

At Lingeong Hoon Lake,

As Jane opens her eyes, she sees a man stagger towards her.

She doesn't know what to anticipate.

He stands in front of her and lets his mask fall to the ground.

Jane gasps. Her breath catches in her throat as his face flashes in her vision.

The man looks into her eyes briefly before slumping onto her, his cold fingers holding her back and his head resting on her shoulder.

Jane gulps as her mind races with quick thoughts. Her heart thumps wildly and she is sure he can hear her heartbeat.

Jane: Jeon Jungkook?

They stand like that for a while as the snow continues to fall over them. The weight of Jungkook's body presses down on her but she keeps herself steady.

Suddenly, Jungkook steps back, his pale face mustering all energy to transform into one of annoyance.

Jungkook: What on earth is wrong with you?! Why are you roaming out here in the middle of the night, alone? Do you have no regard for personal safety? Don't you know how dangerous it is? What if something happened to you?

Jane looks at him dumbfounded. How on earth did she land in this situation where she is being yelled at by Jeon Jungkook?

Jungkook glares at her but immediately softens when he sees her shudder in the cold. He takes off his coat and wraps it around Jane. As he does that, Jane notices him bleeding near his waist.

Jane: You...you are hurt!

Jungkook places his hand on his wound in an attempt to cover it.

Jungkook: I'm fine, it's nothing.

He grabs Jane's hand, much to her astonishment and leads her in the direction of the hotel.

Jane does not resist but looks at the man beside her.

Jane: Is he really Jungkook- the Jeon Jungkook? No, it can't be. I must be dreaming. Am I really?

As they walk, Jungkook suddenly flinches with pain.

Jane: Are you okay?

Jungkook: Ahh, I'm fine. Let's go before somebody sees us.

But Jane continues to stare at his injury that was bleeding profusely and winces at every move Jungkook makes.

Jane: Please, stop for a moment.

Jungkook: What happened?

Jane: You tell me what happened? Your wound, it looks so painful!

Jungkook: It's nothing. I'm okay.

Jane: No, you're not okay and we both know that.

Jungkook: We don't have time. Let's go before anyone spots us.

Jane: Wait, just one minute.

Jane forces him to sit on the stairs near the parking lot as she fishes in her vanity bag for her makeup cotton pads.

Jungkook watches her closely and raises his eyebrow on seeing the item that she holds out in front of him.

Jane: Here, I know it's not much but it's better if you press this on your wound.

Jungkook: I'm fine, don't worry.

Jane glowers at Jungkook's stubborn refusal. She couldn't bear to see him moving about in pain especially with the wound being left in the open and exposed to the biting cold.