59. Love and War

Jin turns around and is met with a bunch of equally stupefied faces staring back at him.

Jin: Did you guys see what I saw?

They all nod in unison, as though they've got their tongues tied after Jungkook's dramatic exit.

Jin glances at the door in front of him, contemplating whether to check on Jane or not. With a curled index finger, he lifts it against the thick wooden surface when a sudden wave of remorse washes over him. He withdraws his flexed finger and looks at the others helplessly.

Jin: I'm not dreaming, am I?

Jin blinks twice before Yoongi steps forward and nods softly.

Yoongi: Let's go back to our rooms. It's late.

Still blown out of their minds, the night of inner peace is bid farewell as they all scuttle into their respective rooms, the impending thought of what happened between Jungkook and Jane occupying their minds.

___________________________________

Earlier that night,

Jane: I know I have to return the phone to Jungkook but he would have asked for it if he really wanted it, right?

Jane toys with the phone between her thumb and pointer fingers while still debating if she should give it back or not. Suddenly it slips from her hands but she manages to catch it in the nick of time. She reprimands herself for her carelessness while at the same time smirking at her quick save.

Finally, unable to contain her curiosity, she switches on the phone and stares at the screen. She didn't want to intrude on Jungkook's privacy but at the same time, she was craving for some entertainment. She decides to watch some videos online to pass time.

Having turned the volume on high, she doesn't hear the knock at her door. Jungkook waits for Jane to respond but gains no reply. Finally, he pushes it open only to find her engrossed in the small screen, a wide smile plastered to her face. Seeing her so cheerful, he can't hold back his own grin. He quickly closes the door behind him, making sure to lock it secure to avoid unwarranted interruption.

Jungkook: For the first time I've successfully sneaked into your room.

Jane: Uhuh.

Jungkook: What are you watching there?

Jane glances at Jungkook momentarily, her smile stretching even wider now that he was beside her.

Jane: Some videos.

Jungkook: What kind of videos?

Jane: You know, just this and that.

Jungkook peeks from next to her.

Jungkook: What 'this and that' videos are making you smile so much?

Jane turns the screen towards him with a giggle.

Jane: I was watching a compilation of funny k-pop moments.

Jungkook: Ah! Well who do you find the funniest?

Jane: Do you know Jackson? He's hilarious!

Jungkook: Of course I know him. Is he the one making you laugh so much?

Jane: Well, the fact that he's a nice guy from the heart as well as humorous, it's something rare isn't it? Oh! And he's got a great body!

Jungkook bites his lip and squares his eyes at an oblivious Jane as he deadpans,

Jungkook: I'm a nice guy, moderately humorous with a great body too.

Jane: I know!

Jungkook: Well? Don't you have anything to say about that?