50. Attack on Bangtan

'Look it is Jeon Jungkook of BTS!'

'Who is that with him? Is that his girlfriend?'

'Move aside so that I can take a picture!'

'I thought they didn't have girlfriends. But he was kissing her! I've even taken a picture!'

'Jungkook, can you tell us about the girl with you?''

'Oh my gosh! Jeon Jungkook of BTS! I want a picture with him!'

'God! Did I just see him kissing that girl? I can't believe this!'

Jane can feel Jungkook's chest pounding with fear as the cameras continue to flash relentlessly. The commotion all around seemed to blare out loud and she felt utterly helpless.

Helpless that she couldn't do anything for Jungkook.

Helpless that he wouldn't leave her and try to save himself.

She lifts her hands to her ears as she tries to block out the sharp questions being thrown at from all around them. She knew, at this moment, that he was in trouble. His career was in jeopardy.

And the reason for this?

Herself.

Jungkook stands transfixed at the spot, unable to decide what to do next. He can hear the people calling out to him to pose for a photo. He wanted to just disappear from the site. He couldn't even fathom the amount of trouble he was in.

He lowers his gaze to look at Jane huddled at his chest and then glances at the crowd ahead. He realizes he has only two options- either return to Jane's room upstairs or make a dash for his car outside.

However, if he returned to Jane's room then he would have all the more trouble to leave it later. He decides that would be a foolish idea.

Jungkook: Get ready, Jane. On the count of three, we will run past all these people and head to the car. Okay?

Jane could feel her legs go weak. She didn't even know if she had enough strength to walk a few steps ahead without falling down.

Jungkook: Okay?

Jane nods slowly.

Jungkook let's go of her and tugs at the muffler which she had wrapped around his neck.

Jungkook: One.

He stands in front of Jane, his back facing the crowd. He quickly winds the muffler around her neck before taking off his glares and fixing it over her eyes.

Jungkook: Two.

Jungkook grabs Jane's right hand, interlocking his fingers with hers. He had never noticed how soft they were. But now was not the time to appreciate it. He was scared and he knew Jane was too. He had to be strong. He had to be brave. He had to take them both to safety.

He had to get out of there.

Jungkook: Three!

The two of them stride forward. Their move draws gasps from the crowd. Jungkook lifts his free hand to cover his face. However, contrary to their plans, they don't even move two steps when a strong hand grabs Jungkook and pulls him back.

The people around them gasp in 'Oohs' and 'Ahs' as they watch a tall, broad man in spectacles usher a baffled Jungkook and Jane away from the crowd with vigour. His face showed no expressions except a deep line that wedged between his eyebrows, peeking from the bridge of his nose.

Jungkook: Ma... Manager Se...jin!

Manager Sejin shields Jungkook and Jane from the crowd by putting himself in between them as they not only click their pictures but also try to get up close. The three of them run out of the hotel hastily while the crowd tags behind.