61. Twist of terror

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Jane: Mm... turn off the alarm...

Jane throws her hand to her side in an attempt to silence her phone.

Jane: Oh, that's right. I don't have my phone. Ugh! Why isn't anyone turning off that damned thing!

Fighting her sleep, she opens her eyes with much effort. Blinking a few times, she takes in the sight of her surroundings.

Jane: Where am I? Geez, I'm in the tent. How could I forget?

She yawns loudly and stretches her hands above her. Suddenly she feels something heavy across her chest. She glances down and almost passes out in shock.

For, holding tightly on to her torso was a half-naked Jungkook.

She slaps a hand over her mouth to stop herself from making a sound. His body was glistening with sweat and his hair was a ruffled mess. He seemed to be in deep slumber as he doesn't stir an inch even to the noise of the blaring alarm.

Jane stares at him, not daring to move even if it is to breathe. She doesn't know what to do and contemplates how did they even end up in that position. The last thing she remembered was drawing a division at the centre of the tent to mark her and Jungkook's respective territories.

The alarm stops after a while, probably having gone into snooze mode. She continues to watch his head that is resting on her before taking a deep breath to prevent instant death. As she inhales slowly, she watches his round head rise before falling down with her exhalation. Suddenly, he throws an arm around her and pulls her waist closer to him.

Jane: God! He doesn't even know what he's doing, does he?

Slowly, Jane motions her hand in front of his face to check if he's really asleep. There is no response. She takes the liberty of running her fingers over his face. With her pointer finger, she traces an imaginary line down his ear, to his neck and onto his square shoulders.

Jane: Ah, he looks so peaceful!

She twists the tiny golden hairs on his right arm absentmindedly while wondering if they were still upset with each other and for what reason exactly. Everything seemed pointless. Their petty fights were, well, just plain petty. They should be enjoying their little moments rather than arguing like small toddlers. After all, their time together was coming to an end.

Jungkook suddenly moves, lifting his hand to his mouth and wiping away the drool that had slid down and onto Jane's shirt. Pressing his lips together, he snuggles even closer to her, causing her to gasp aloud.

Jane's eyes catch onto the shimmering beads of sweat that was trickling down his body along his warm skin. A comforting sort of warmth that made her wonder if she should wake him up or not.

Before she can answer the question, a hand makes its way over to her breast and she wheezes loudly.

Jane: Uh...Jungkook! Get up! Jungkook!!

She tries to pry his hand away but he grabs hold even more evoking a spontaneous reaction from Jane to push him away in utter alarm.

Jane: JUNGKOOK!!!!

Jungkook stirs up from his sleep with the yelling and blinks hazily at Jane.

Jungkook: What happened? Why are you-

Jane crosses her arms across her chest, her face beet red. Jungkook gapes at her, confused as to why she was acting so weird before looking down at himself. He suddenly sits up straight, stricken at his realization and throws his arms over his shirtless body, frantically searching for anything to cover it with.