53. The Secret

Jimin: One more time I hear the word 'sorry' and I'll-

Rachel: But I feel terrible! I didn't mean to hit you like that. I thought you were a stalker!

One by one, they begin to board the private jet that was arranged by Bang PD to take them to their destination. The reunion with Jimin had indeed been a comical one. Except for Rachel, everyone pretty much found it funny how she and Jimin came to meet.

Jimin: What made you think that I was a stalker?

Rachel: Why were you following me around? You could have just come right up to me.

Jimin: Well, I'm surprised you even saw me, although I'm pretty sad you didn't recognize me.

Rachel: How was I to recognize you through the mask?

Jimin: Well you have recognized me before. Besides, I think you were lost in your own thoughts. What were you even doing there all by yourself?

Rachel: I uh-

Jin: OH NO! I'M SITTING HERE! MOVE AWAY JUNGKOOK!

Namjoon: Jin hyung, make it quick. We're all waiting.

Jungkook: Hyung, you're being unreasonable!

Jin: I'M BEING UNREASONABLE? ME? THE AUDACITY TO SAY THAT! JUST TO REMIND YOU, WE ARE ON THIS PLANE BECAUSE OF YOU...

Hoseok: What's all this fuss about? Everyone settle down fast.

Jane: Uh, I'll sit somewhere else then.

Jungkook and Jin: NO!

While Jin and Jungkook continue to argue, the others push past them and take their seats.

Jimin: You want the window seat?

Rachel: You don't mind?

Jimin: Nope. Go ahead.

Jimin helps Rachel place her bag in the overhead cabin before they settle in their seats. Soon, the safety instructions are briefed and the flight begins to take-off.

Jimin: I can't believe we're going on a trip at the beginning of the year. It feels weird. But I guess it cannot be helped. Bang PD really has no problem with us?

Rachel shakes her head.

Rachel: He's really nice, Mr. Bang.

Jimin sighs and reclines his seat.

Rachel: How's your father?

Jimin: He's alright. He just needs to rest a bit. Tell me something; how is that in the two days that I was gone, so much happened? I mean, it is all so shocking!

Rachel: It is shocking indeed.

Jimin: Did you know that Leah was being blackmailed?

Rachel: Yes.

Jimin: Well why didn't you tell me about it? I could have helped.

Rachel: At that time, I didn't know what was the right thing to do.

Jimin takes Rachel's hand in his and looks at her while caressing her fingers.

Jimin: Next time, don't keep me in the dark. Tell me if you are in trouble or if anything is bothering you.

Rachel: Okay.

Rachel bites her lip and gazes out of the window, unable to look Jimin in the eye. However, she feels a pair of fingers tug her chin gently.

Jimin: Look at me. I'm serious.

Rachel sighs, knowing fully well that she was doing exactly opposite of what Jimin was asking of her. She wasn't in trouble but there was something definitely bothering her.