55. Sunset secrets

Mr. Drew: This is our town market. You can go around and explore the area. We don't have malls here but this place has everything we need and more.

Namjoon: What about you Mr. Drew?

Mr. Drew: I'll just have a quick snack at that place there after which I'll be in this bus itself. You'll can take your time but if you return before dusk then we can go see the famous sunset point.

Namjoon: Alright Mr. Drew.

Mr. Drew: Oh, and one more thing; remember to keep your belongings close to you. Our little island has a lot of unsuspecting thieves. Don't get fooled by the kids particularly. They're usually the ones who pickpocket stuff. The older ones keep an eye on you if you flash some really expensive.

Hoseok: We'll be sure to take care Mr. Drew. Thanks for the tip.

Mr. Drew lifts his hat in response. One by one, the members alight from the minibus that Mr. Drew had previously used to convey them to the hotel from the airport.

The group were on sightseeing spree since early that morning. So far, they had visited an ancient temple, a butterfly sanctuary, a holy hill, a coconut grove and a local artisan factory. Now, for lunch, they decide to check out the town market square where Mr. Drew had boasted of some of the finest eateries.

Hoseok clings to his sling bag tightly as they walk through the gusty road that was bustling with life.

Hoseok: I can see why Mr. Drew told us to be wary of our belongings. Look at this place!

There were people cycling, jogging, singing by the lamp-posts, laughing on the benches, swarmed together at various shops and practically just everywhere. Children ran about in a carefree manner, bumping into busy pedestrians who cursed at them in annoyance.

Taehyung: Can we eat first and then check out the stalls? I'm really hungry.

Yoongi: Isn't Jungkookie the one who is always hungry? Where is he? I haven't heard him speak a word since this morning.

At the back of the group was Jungkook, shooting imaginary bullets through Jin's head. He was sulking to himself at the fact that the latter was not allowing him anywhere close to Jane. He was losing his patience.

Sensing his uneasiness, Yoongi decides to distract Jin for a bit. He walks up to the elder member and begins to discuss about the place they should have their lunch.

Taking advantage of the situation, Jungkook strides towards Jane and grabs her by the wrist. He waits for the others to move ahead before he speaks to her.

Jungkook: Finally.

Jane: You seem annoyed.

Jungkook: You don't.

Jane: Why would I be?

Jungkook sighs and looks straight ahead. Jane squeezes his hand gently in an attempt to get his attention.

Jane: Hey, talk to me.

Jungkook: Forget it. Just...

Jane: Just what?

Jungkook: Just stay with me okay. Don't let go of my hand.

Jane: Haha okay. If that's what you want, I'm more than happy to do it for you.

Jane intertwines her fingers with Jungkook's and swings it gently causing him to giggle.

Namjoon: Is this the one we're going to?

Leah: O'Hailey Cafe.

Taehyung: Look's pretty fancy. Do we sit inside or out?

Yoongi: Inside please. I could really do with some shade.