38. Merry Christmas

Namjoon: PARK JIMIN!!!

Hoseok: Yaah! Jiminah! We are leaving. Bye.

Jimin: Two minutes!

Jimin hops out of the house with a shy smile on his face.

Jimin: Okay, let's go.

Namjoon: When will you learn to be on time Jiminssi?

Jin: It's 7:00 pm. Let's leave soon. Jimin, you sit in the other car.

They two cars pull out of the driveway and head to the town centre. As they near their destination, they are met with crowds of people who are jostling about as they make their way to the main hub. The whole path is lit up with golden and orange lanterns. There are stalls on either side of the road which are decorated in fairy lights.

Leah: Whoa! This place kind of reminds me of Yeohiji Botanical Garden. You know, all those stalls that were lined up outside.

Jane: I know right! Wow! It looks so lively. More than everything, I love the decorated lights against the night sky. It's gorgeous!

Taehyung: Jin hyung, park the car around here. The further we move, the more likely we'll get stuck in the crowd. We can walk from here.

The two cars are parked adjacent to each other. The ten of them climb out and gather around. Jin places his hands on hips while sniffing the air.

Jin: Mmm! I can smell-

Jungkook: FOOD!

Jin and Jungkook grin at each other and exchange a high five as they know where they will scoot off to once the group disperses.

Rachel: From the way I see it, the stalls seem uncountable. Why don't we split ourselves and check them out? We can buy the Christmas presents as we roam around.

Namjoon: I like the idea.

Taehyung: Okay, but remember, everyone should assemble there by 11:30 p.m. sharp.

He points to the top of the hill which is at a short distance away.

Yoongi (chuckling): That's the only part I'm looking forward to.

Namjoon: Why? What happens then?

Taehyung and Yoongi: You'll see!

Jimin: Okay so let's go!

They all head in different directions and make their way to the brightly lit stalls. Jin and Jungkook tag along with each other as they rush to the stalls selling food. Jimin and Jane wander together, chatting excitedly. Hoseok and Rachel check out the stalls on the extreme right. Namjoon, Taehyung, Leah and Yoongi walk on their own, unaccompanied by anyone.

Jimin: Jane, would you mind if asked you something?

Jane: What is it?

Jimin (hesitating): Well...there is something I want to know... I don't mean to sound like an inquisitive person, not that I'm not curious... I really did want to ask Rachel about it directly but on second thought, I figured it will be better to ask you or Leah since you'll know her inside out.

Jane stops in her tracks and faces Jimin who runs his hand through his hair nervously.

Jane: Hey, you can ask me anything you want, don't worry.

Jimin: Well, did Rachel ever, you know, date anyone before?

Jane: Rachel? No, she hasn't.

Jimin sighs with relief and smiles brightly.