23. Bed-time story

In the room,

Jimin stretches his arms behind his head as far as he can and wriggles his toes. He turns to his right and feels something warm beside him. Gently he puts an arm around Rachel assuming her to be Hoseok.

Rachel mumbles something and turns to her left, facing Jimin. However, she too is oblivious to the unexpected company. As Jimin's comforting hand finds its place around her, she smiles momentarily and pulls on her blanket.

It doesn't budge. She tugs at it again. But it doesn't move.

Rachel (her eyes still closed): Ugh, Jane, move over!

She jerks the blanket again, but to no avail.

Rachel: Jane! You do this every time! GIVE ME MY BLANKET! YOU HAVE YOURS! STOP STEALING MINE!!

Jimin (whispering): Ra...chel?

Jimin raises his hand to Rachel's shoulder contemplating whether to wake her up but stills when she flinches.

Jimin: Rachel? It's me.

Jimin: Geez, how did I end up here? What am I doing? What is Rachel doing in my room on my bed? Let me just slip away from here before she wakes up.

He sits upright slowly and squirms forward. He shifts the blanket which he was holding, onto Rachel.

However, Rachel, who is still under the impression that Jane has her blanket grips the crochet and heaves it with all her might. Contrary to what she expected, the blanket comes after her loosely and the force causes her to fall off the edge of the bed.

Rachel and Jimin: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimin lurches forward instantly. Rachel feels a pair of stiff arms envelope her, catching her in the nick of time. She opens her eyes and finds herself inches away from Jimin's face. Like literally half an inch from his nose.

She stares at him, shocked.

Shocked from her almost dreadful fall.

Shocked that Jimin caught her.

Shocked that she was in bed with Jimin!

_______________________________________

Jane enters the kitchen,

Leah: Janey! At least I don't have to trouble myself to wake you up.

Jane: I smell something nice here. Is it pancakes?

Leah: Yup, Jin insisted that we have breakfast here before we leave to the hotel.

Jane: Wow!

Leah: I'll go set the table and wake Rachel up.

Leah leaves the kitchen and heads to the dining room to set the plates. She fills water in each of the glasses and places the jug at the centre. She looks around to see if anything else needs to be arranged.

Leah: Everything looks okay, let me go wake Rachel.

As she makes her way to the staircase, she sees Taehyung walking down it. She is immediately reminded of his little feat from the previous night and blushes. Taehyung looks at her and smiles shyly.

Taehyung: Hey there!

Leah: Good morning!

Taehyung: What are you doing?

Leah: I just set the table for breakfast. I thought I'll get Rachel now.

Taehyung: I'll come with you, let me wake Jiminssi up too.