16. After the storm

Taehyung and Jimin help an injured Jungkook to his room at their dorm.

Jin: Yaah, I still can't understand how you got caught in this mess!

Jungkook: I told you hyung, I was helping a friend.

Jimin: Who is this friend? I know all your friends.

Namjoon: Let's not argue about this right now. We've gone over this once and we will speak about it when Jungkook recovers. I will have a word with the managers. They're really not happy with the way things have turned out. Manager Sejin is furious with the security personnel. Anyway, Jimin and Taehyung, help Jungkook get undressed. He needs to rest.

Taehyung and Jimin assist Jungkook onto his bed.

Jungkook: Can you please set the water running for me? I'd like to take a bath.

Jin: Yaah! What's wrong with you? Have you hurt your head too? You want to have bath in this condition? The nurse just bandaged your wound and you cannot even walk properly. Just go to sleep.

Jungkook: I'm fine really! It does not hurt that much. I will just wash myself a bit to freshen up. Please!

Hoseok: No.

Yoongi: If he wants to freshen up, let him be. Stop fussing so much.

Hoseok: 'Stop fussing so much'? You were the one all ready to go punch the lunatic who did this to him and you're telling us to not fuss?!!!

Yoongi goes to the bathroom and sets the water running much to the disapproval of others.

Jungkook: Thank you hyung.

Yoongi: Take rest! Jimin, Taehyung, don't stay up with him for too long.

Yoongi tosses the towel at Jungkook nonchalantly before heading out.

Jin: I won't bother you now Jungkookie but tomorrow you have to tell me the whole story.

Jin leaves the room momentarily before returning with some snacks and a RJ stuffed-teddy.

Jin: Here is some seaweed crisps and doritos. Eat it if you feel hungry. Don't call me if you need anything, I'll be fast asleep.

Jin walks over to where Jungkook is seated on his bed and pats his back. He places his RJ stuffed-teddy next to Jungkook and leaves the room with Hoseok.

Jungkook: Are you guys going to stay here? I'm going to take a lower body bath.

Taehyung: We'll be here till we see you sleep. Go quickly and have bath.

Jungkook enters the bathroom and shuts the door. He undresses and examines his wound which was stitched up and bandaged firmly.

Nurse: It was good thinking on your part to have puts the pads on your wound. It helped stop much of the bleeding.

Jungkook sighs as he replays the night's events and welcomes the cool water on his face.

Meanwhile in his room, Taehyung and Jimin are engaged in a deep conversation.

Jimin: What is wrong with him? How can he be so reckless?

Taehyung: He must have his reasons. I'm sure he must be trending in the news and social media.

Jimin takes out his phone and checks it.

Jimin: Gosh! Look at all the articles! More than the Masked Ball itself, people are talking about the attack.

Taehyung: Jungkook is lucky to have escaped without anything more dangerous. I heard the police saying that the person behind the attack was the son of Mr. Kim Min Joo's ex-business partner who was involved in some illegal matters and was exposed by Mr. Kim. He wanted to take his revenge today at the Ball.