24. Friendship bonds

In the kitchen,

Jungkook: If I ask you something will you agree?

Jane: What is it?

Janey, are you done? We got to go!

Jane: Let's go outside. They must be waiting for us.

The two of them join the others inside the hall. They see Leah and Taehyung sitting on the sofa while Jimin and Rachel stand at either end of the room. Jin was seated opposite Leah and Taehyung, and dressed up as though he were going out somewhere.

Jungkook points to the corner stools and he and Jane take a seat.

Jin: So, I was thinking and I have told this to Jane too, why don't we have a dinner together this weekend? A proper dinner! I mean, last evening went by messily and I thought we could get to enjoy each other's company now that we know we will be seeing you'll more often considering...well...this (he waves his hands at all of them).

Jimin: Really?! You mean this Saturday? That's two days away.

Jane leans towards Jungkook and whispers in his ear.

Jane: What where you going to ask me earlier?

Jungkook fiddles with his fingers shyly.

Jungkook: Will you agree to something?

Jane: What is it?

Jungkook: A movie.

Jane: A movie?

Jungkook: A superhero movie! BAM! Which one do you want to see first?

Jane: Whoa whoa whoa! I know where this is headed. Still I don't think I'll be watching any movie.

Jungkook cocks his head to one side.

Jungkook: Why?

Jane: Because...uhm...because...

Jungkook: Because you've never seen any of those movies before and you are afraid that you will not like it?

Jane: Well yeah.

Jungkook: How will you know that you don't like it if you will not try to watch it?

Jane: I don't know, I mean, which one should I see? Where and when do we watch it?

Jungkook: Ah, where and when can be figured out later. The important question is which one do you see?

He rubs his chin in deep thought.

Jungkook: Do you want to see Thor?

Jane: Nope.

Jungkook: Captain America?

Jane: Nope.

Jungkook: X-Men? Ghost Rider? Ant-Man?

Jane: Uh, no I guess.

Jungkook: Ironman?

Jane looks at him blankly.

Jungkook (sighing): You know you're rejecting everything. Please, just watch one, for my sake! After all I saved your life, didn't I?

Jane: Hey! That's blackmail! You can't do this to me!

Jungkook looks at Jane and suddenly flexes his pointer and thumb finger with his eyes wide open as though a brilliant idea had popped in his head.

Jungkook: I know what! Let's do Rock, Paper, Scissors!

Jane: What?

Jungkook: If you win, no movie. If I win, you've got to watch Spiderman. Okay?