Chapter 38:

Chapter 38: 

           I slowly unpacked my stuff into my new room. It was February the 11th and this will be my first day of training with the team.

           "Hey Cure," Tim or "Robin's" voice seeped through the door. I raced to the door and swung it open. I leaped into his arms and hugged him tightly. "You annoyance," I pulled him into the room and pushed the door in. "It hasn't even been a day, what could I have done?" He grinned.

           "It's too weird here... I haven't talked to anyone since you left," I gripped his flowing cape and pressed my face onto his shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll still be going to the same school and stuff, plus missions now. Not to mention I'm sure you'll fit in just fine after a while," I could feel his hand lightly tapping my back and smoothing my cape.

           "When is training?" I sighed picking up my mask. He placed it onto my face and pressed it firmly. "Right now."

            He lead me through the halls, to the training room. Everyone was already there. Nightwing clapped his hands, "Nice of you two to join us, okay, let's start." He gave everyone a partner, mine being Cassie, or Wonder Girl. She threw fast punches and dashed from my attempts by flying. I tried to look at her as a training partner rather than someone I had to prove my trust to. However, it confused me. I did not want to be too harsh and give them the impression that I wanted to hurt them, though I still wanted to win.

            "What's the matter Cure? You look restrained?" She teased. I rolled my eyes beneath my mask, "Are you telling me to try harder?" I smirked dodging one of her punches by flipping over her arm. "Why not?" She smirked. Well, that was it. She gave me an open invitation to go harder on her and I was never one to turn down one of those.

            I dodged one of her higher punches by hitting the ground monkey style. I grabbed her leg and pulled her down onto the floor. I turned around to Night as I held her arm, "How exactly do I win?" He gave me a smirk and moved on. I just stood there dumbstruck.

          She grabbed my arm and smashed me into the floor. My back ached, probably already red. "Damnit Girl Wonder," I laughed. I jumped to my feet and twisted her arm that was still attached to me. "You through a mean Cure," I laughed letting go of her arm. She held her arm tightly and I watched in distress, "Damnit... Did I really hurt you? Sorry." I bit my lip nervously.

             She looked at me confused, "I'm fine, thank you." And then she walked away. One of my eyebrows went up as I looked around the room. Everyone else was still in mid quarrel.

          I walked next to Night and nudged at his arm. "Dude, was I too harsh? Is she mad at me?"           Nightwing grinned, as if pleased that I actually cared, "She's fine. You can go to your room and finish packing up."

            I slowly went back to my room and rummaged through my things. I packed my clothes in the drawer and my uniform in the closet. My weapons and my belts went in two different drawers and everything else went wherever I thought was okay.

            I finished so quickly, Rob wasn't even done with his training. I didn't want to go wandering about so I went to the only place I bothered to take note of during the tour other than my room and the kitchen, the weight room. All the exercise machines were in there and my person favorite, the pull up bar.           The moment I got in there I warmed up with a few pull-ups. Then I went on with my second favorite. The ever popular, punching bag.

           I punched and kicked the bag the way I do at home. I did this for who knows how long. It felt good, it felt like a thousand burdens were being lifted from my chest every time the bag swung.

            By the time I had had my fill I was sweating canon balls. I grabbed a towel and dried my face and neck. I took a nice long shower and put on normal clothes and a cool pair of sun glasses. Robin style, I like it.