Chapter 50: Ready, set...

          The friday after our day out, Bruce came and picked up me and Tim from School.  Thank goodness we were in different classes at the time otherwise people might get the wrong idea.         

"What's wrong?" I put my seatbelt on. Bruce just continued driving without a word. Guess I was right about him and Cancer being at least a little bit alike. He dropped me off by a transporter that took me back to Mount Justice and I ran and got ready.

          Within a few minutes I heard Nightwing's leader voice. That's right, he's got one. "Alright! Everyone in the training hall!"

          Me, Beast Boy, Megan, La'gaan, and Superboy all began heading in the same direction. "Hey dude, what's going on?" Garfield(BB) caught up with me. "I don't know." I looked up at SuperBoy, he shook his head.

          We were joined by Wondergirl, Batgirl, Robin, And BlueBeetle. We all stood in a line waiting for Nighting and Bats to enlighten us with whatever the heck was going on.

          "Lately, there has been an outbreak of a weird virus. It's kind of like the normal flu, mixed with chicken pox and the plague," he pulled up a picture of someone that had been infected. We all flinched for a moment, it was horrific. The swelling, the rashes, it made me want to lock myself up in a box so I could not be infected.

          "Normally, this wouldn't exactly be something that we would deal with except the fact that on top of this we were giving word that Icicle Senior and Junior, Cancer and a number of other villains have begun attacking civilians," he pulled up a news report. I could practically hear Tim swallow at the sight of Icicle and Martin terrorizing some city.

          At first I was sad, then I saw Catherine and her weird friend all techno'd out. I never knew what Cat's power or whatever was but now I see, sort of. She was based mainly on guns and things that required a keen eye. In other words all the more reason for me to beat her senseless. I never thought the day would come!

          I must say I got a little too 'into' the broadcast so I wasn't exactly listening to all of the conversation. However, I surely heard- "Cure, Robin, Superboy, you guys will head to Metropolis and stop Icicle Junior and then wait for further command." Tim could tell me anything i actually missed later, I was more interested in the fight going on in the present time for us.