Chapter 33

Chapter 33: 

I lied upside down on my bed. It's been four days  and not a single word from Alex. Was she really busy or really taking her time to think about it? Or could it be she doesn't want to join and refuses to contact me. Did Cancer see the tapes and scold her yet? What could she have said to get out of my that. 

My head swelled with these sort of pesky questions. Who could blame me, not only would that mean losing Alex, but that i also didn't do what Dick had told me to. I didn't want any of that to happen. 

While I stared into space and tortured myself with these questions, I was actually relieved to hear my phone ring. It was Dick. 

"Hey Dick, whats up?" I answered casually. "HI Tim, has Alexandra replied to you yet?" Of corse, he had to call about that. 

"Not yet, what do you suppose that means?" 

"Well I don't know. You went to talk to her about a week ago, right?" 

I grunted, "Yeah…" 

"What'd you do?" I imagined his thick eyebrows going up and down and him smiling idiotically. It's times like this hat I don't question his circus upbringing. 

"We talked, hung out, slept nothing really," I said bluntly.  "IN DIFFERENT BEDS…" I reacted quickly before he managed to comment any further. 

"Wow, you slept over at a girl's house and just hung out. You might as well have read the Bible together," Dick snicked. 

I rolled my eyes, "Very funny Dick."