Chapter 13: Familiar Warmth

Chapter 13: Familiar warmth 

        I sat in my room bored after the last meeting. I can't believe mentor sent me to do some boring presentation with some boring people. He was gonna get the data anyway. And leave it to me to be the only villain in here doing homework. Hey, don't judge me. I need to keep up with my school work. Just because I don't want to be a doctor or anything smart doesn't mean I shouldn't keep up with my classes. It's safe to say only thirty percent of the teen villains /apprentices here think like that.

          There was a knocking at my door. I quickly opened it to see Junior smiling sarcastically. "What did you do now?" I laughed. "Oh nothing," he showed me a key, "Wanna take a joy ride in one of the hot shot's cars." There's nothing to do here anyway.

          I took the key from him, "Be back in five." I know it seems like me and him like each other but there are a few things completely wrong with that. First, he's like six years older than me if not more and second, he's like my older brother. That'd be totally wrong and illegal.

          I slipped on my socks a sneakers. That's right, I'm classy. As I searched the counter top for my phone I heard the slight creek of the floorboards. I quickly turned around to see none other than the boy wonder standing right inside my door way.

          "Hey o'l pal of mine. How you been? Came here to crash my party again?" I reached for my knife. I wouldn't stab him directly, but a cut here and there will improve his character. "Cure," he reached into his utility belt as well, "Just give me Cancer's plans and we don't need to fight."

          "So this is what this is about, Cancer's plans. And I was actually beginning to think we had chemistry," I chuckled, "No matter." I lunged forward with my knife and to my surprise he pulled out a knife identical to mine only much more on the defensive side. Makes sense, he's the hero.

          He managed to block my knife but I elbowed him and he bumped into a nightstand. "Listen, I really don't want to fight you. I'm not even sure why I bothered coming in your room," he threw down his knife. I looked at him confused, "You just requested information. Obviously that's why you were looking for me."

"That was an excuse. I kinda just, found you," he sounded so retarded right now. Did he really think I was that stupid?

          "What kind of idiot do you take me for?" I backed away from him but he started coming closer. "I don't think your an idiot."

           At that moment I only imagined him rolling his eyes but within half a second that changed. Before I even knew what was going on he had leaned in and gave me a kiss. And not like Martin's little show kiss, a real kiss on the lips. I wanted to break away really badly. Part of me even hope that there was a weapon in one of his hands and this was a way of trapping me. But there wasn't.

          One of his hands was cupping my face and the other was in between my tucked in hair. It was a legitimate kiss. My first legitimate kiss... And it was with a goody two-shoes like Robin!

          Once he broke away from me he looked almost as confused as I was, almost. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking," he stared at me. I stared back but no words could possibly describe all the feelings I was having. All I knew was, Batman's Boy wonder, Robin, had just planted one on me. And he meant it completely.

          "Woah," Junior stood in the door frame once again, "Is there... Something I should know about you two?" Robin just looked back at me and ran away. Usually I have the urge to follow the good guy but not today. "Cure... What's going on?" he demanded. I blinked several times before even answering, "I don't even know."

          He looked through the halls. 'Too many people would be able to hear us here. Let's go outside and talk," he started walking without any warning. For the first time he was being serious about something other than the fact that his dad only cared for him when he needed him.

          Once we were outside we sat where no one would hear us. Pretty much in the middle of the garden on some benches.

          "What the hell was that?" he started immediately.

          "I honestly have no idea," I don't lie to my friends and who think of as family unless I absolutely need to. No point in lying now.

          "How do you have no idea? Robin, the freakin boy wonder, just kissed you in your room! He just did it, no warning whats-so-ever?"

          "Kinda," I nodded trying not to look at Junior's eyes. He has a lot of history with "the team" that I only know half of.

          "When did you two even meet?"

          "Last week when Mentor sent me to steal some sword. That's a the first time we ever talked and fought. Very simply put, I kicked his ass." Junior laughed, "Who knew an ass kicking could be so attractive?"

          "Seriously, what the hell do I do?"

          "Nothing, he has a little crush on you. It's not like you two would be able to date, even he knows that. So don't worry about it." I sighed and agreed.

          The one thing I couldn't shake was that I felt like I really knew him. His hands felt so familiar, his heat.