Chapter 18:

Chapter 18: 

  ** Martin's POV**

              Alex fell asleep while I was helping Mentor with his project. We didn't want to wake her so Mentor's friend offered to drop her off. Yeah, the old man has actual friends, I know.

               While going me and Alex sat in the back. I let her head rest on my shoulder the entire time. The last thing i needed was her complaining about her neck hurting all day tomorrow. She was as cold as ever so I placed my jacket on her as a blanket halfway through. If she were to get sick then how would she help uncle. Look at me, always looking about for people.

              "So is she like, you're girlfriend?" The stranger in the drivers seat looked at us through his rear view mirror. "What? No way!" I almost forced her off my shoulder. "Really? It seems like you like her," he laughed.

              I rolled my eyes, "Me and her are close like that. We grew up together, she's like my sister... My cooler sister that is."

            "Oooo, dropping the 'she's like my sister act' I see how it is. Either that or you're in complete denial"

               "What act are you talking about? Dude, I don't think you get it. Me and her joke around and stuff and I definitely care for her. I just don't see us being in any kind of relationship."

            Just when I thought head going to continue with his nonsense he abruptly stopped the car, "We're here aren't we?" I was so busy explaining that I hadn't even noticed. He parked the car and then opened the doors as I carried the blob of emotions on my back. She was way heavier than i had expected... WAY. 

            Muscle is heavier than fat though and she sure has a lot of that.

              I had to try every key in order to get into her apartment. While I was setting her down on her bed Mr. Nosey started making his way around. "If you're not her boyfriend, then is this guy?" He spoke softly from the kitchen.

              I only caught a glimpse of who he was talking about. A photobooth picture with a guy. Tall with dark hair, her friend from school. "It's none of our business," I grunted pulling the door shut behind us and pushing him till we exited.