Chapter 16:

Chapter 16: 

            The next day Tim didn't go to school, I was starting to regret calling Dick. What if Tim is angry at me for calling him. Drunk people usually tell the truth, so he obviously didn't want to talk to him.             On Tuesday Tim was back in school, thank god. During group activities in Global 2 we finally got to talk. "Hey, sorry if I got you into any trouble. If you're mad I totally don't blame you. Snitches get stitches after all."

           He laughed hysterically, "It's not your fault, it's mine. Sorry for making you go through the trouble. I'm glad you got to meet Dick, he says he thinks you're a good kid." I couldn't help but feel bad, he probably was scolded or something, all day yesterday. "Well, I'm glad he wasn't too hard on you."             As I moved in closer to see the directions on our paper I felt a vibration in my pocket.  Because my leg was leaning on the legs of the desk the entire room heard it. "Alex, please turn off your phone and bring it here," the teacher barely look up from her paperwork. Before turning it off I sneaked a look at who it was from. Of corse! It had to be Master! I brought it up to her and she threw it into her bottomless drawer of stuff, "Come here at the end of the day to get it back."

            "Who was it?" Tim  whispered shifting in himself towards me. I grunted, "Guardian." He turned again, and continued reading. I read along with him and he finished the questions on his own. "So uh... The weather has been getting cold. Halloween is next week, you have any plans?"

            "Not really."

           Unlike most social things I actually liked Halloween. Free candy, scaring people, costumes! It's like one of my dreams, the good ones. Me and Martin did more tricking then treating. Mainly ding dong ditch at the lame villains and once we tipied lex luthor's house with Junior. He didn't know it was us back then though, and I don't plan on telling him.

           "Are you gonna go to the Halloween Dance?" He asked.  "The... What?" Dances, there goes my happiness about being more social than normal on Halloween. He laughed, " The Dance. What, you haven't heard all the announcements? It's the week after the next. On Saturday." I shrugged my shoulders, " I guess I wasn't paying much attention. Maybe I'll go."

            The rest of the day was full of awkwardness. Probably cause all I could think about was Master's message... And the fact that Master knew how to text.

            Later that day, after all my classes I ran to our Global classroom. The teacher grunted and then went through her never ending drawer. As she rummaged through it Tim stumbled into the classroom, "Hey Al, your 'friend' Martin is looking for you."

          I rolled my eyes, obviously this had to do with Mentor's message. Ms. R cleared her throat obnoxiously, "I don't want to see it again. Next time I'm gonna have a parent pick it up."  Like having a real parent pick it up is even an option. Me and Tim walked down the hall quietly as I went through my messages. "Anything important?"

           "Nah," I lied. Mentor had told me he needed me and was sending Martin. There was complete silence until Tim broke the ice. When I say break the ice, I mean ram a harpoon through it.

            "Al, I know you're lying to me about that not being important. I mean, you could see it in your eyes all day. I'm not as stupid as I seem."

           Wow, that's heavy. "I don't think you're stupid." It took me a bit to formulate a story. He was staring me down the entire 1.4 seconds. "Listen," I grunted, " My mentor needs me to help with his... business. It not really anything big. I've been helping him my whole life." I smiled. Technically, it is HIS business and I have been helping him my WHOLE life.

          "Okay then," he sighed, "I'll see you tomorrow." I hadn't even noticed that we were outside. I waved bye and he ran in a direction that I wasn't paying attention to.