•thirty-two

"I just have these feelings for you that I've never had this strong for anyone else."

•lucas

"How are you feeling?" I asked, handing Maya a bag of ice.

Maya took the ice and planted it on her forehead. Her face was pale, but she still managed to put a smile on her face.

"Wishing that you would have been there to catch me when I passed out," Maya sighed.

I sat down in the hospital chair next to her bed.

"Hey I knew when you didn't answer my text and Josh's car wasn't there I knew something was up."

"Yeah. I'm grateful you came in when you did."

Maya looked drained out and tired. I could tell she was upset from being
with Josh earlier this morning. She was tired of having to be reminded of this boy who broke her heart.

I asked, "Maya can I tell you something?"

"What's up?" Maya asked sitting up.

I stood up and sat down on the edge of the bed near her.

"You do know that you don't have to chase after guys who will break your heart?"

Maya probably never had someone who was always there for her. She probably clung to whatever guys came her way.

Maya nodded her head.

"There are so many guys who would treat you better. I bet there are people who would love to just spend time with you. I'm just saying there are guys out there who would love to be with you and wouldn't break your heart."

"Well when you find a guy like that tell me, because I'd love to meet him."

"That's the thing Maya, you've already found him."

Maya looked puzzled.

And I was going to finish my thoughts, but a doctor walked into the room.

"Mr. Friar there's a Riley Matthews trying to get ahold of you."

"Okay I'm coming," I said, getting up of the bed.

I didn't think I'd be able to say what I was trying to say again so I quickly turned around.

"Just so you know, I won't break your heart, because I know you're fragile."

-

Lol I'm sorry to anyone who thought they were getting together in this chapter cause that's not what happened.

Though Lucas did admit that he likes Maya.

Oh yeah if you didn't catch that in the last line, Lucas likes Maya.