•one

"I think my problem is I can never seem to find the bad in anyone, I can only ever look at the good and people tend to take advantage of that."

•maya

When I was little I dreamed of being a singer, someone who seemed to life the perfect life and never had to deal with the bad in life.

Younger Maya boy were you an idiot.

"Maya," my manager yelled across the jet.

I pulled up the blanket cover off my face, that was used in efforts to sleep and hide the fact that I was crying, "What is it Marty?"

Marty takes a note at my red puffy eyes and shakes her head, "Are you still crying over him?"

It's not that she was intentionally trying to be rude, it's just the fact I've been crying over my ex-boyfriend for almost two days.

"Leave me alone. It's only been about two days. I have the right to cry over him," I pull the blanket back down over my eyes.

"Talk to her," Marty says.

I feel someone hover over my chair and place a hand on the blanket.

"Riley, I don't want to talk," I growl through the blanket.

"Maya you can't hide from the world forever, just because my stupid uncle broke up with you doesn't mean your life is over."

Riley's stupid uncle had broken up with me two days before I had planned to return back home. He told me the distance was killing him, when in reality he was just mad I wasn't there to make out with him.

"You give me this same speech every time so guy breaks up with me and breaks my heart," I sighed.

Riley pulls the blanket off my face and I'm forced to look at her.

"You don't need a boyfriend right now. You're Maya Hart, famous singer who just got done with a three month tour around the world."

I pull the blanket back over my face and mumble, "Easy for you to say, your boyfriend didn't break up with you while you were on tour with me."

Riley and Farkle were always calling each other or video chatting and I sat on the tour bus waiting for a simple text message from Josh.

"I know it's not easy seeing me with Farkle, but we've been together for seven years now, get used to it."

I wasn't jealous that she was dating Farkle, I was jealous that's she's found someone to spend the rest of her life with, while I sit here feeling alone.

Feeling empty.

"Easy for you to say," I hiss.

"Just think we're almost home, which means you can go chase after any guy you want," Riley spoke softly.

"I don't chase after guys."

-

So first chapter of Empty is now complete.

Leave me a comment down below telling me what you think of this book so far.