•eighty

"Hearts can only take so much before the break down into tiny little pieces."

•lucas

Maya was sitting at the table in my apartment when I got home.

"Hey. What are you doing over here?" I asked, throwing my bag on the ground.

She didn't say anything, she just sat there quietly.

I asked, "Maya what's wrong?"

"How long have you known?" Maya question, holding up a paper.

My letter.

"Where did you find it?"

"I was looking for my earrings and then I found this. Were you planning on telling me that you got accepted into a school halfway around the country."

"I was going to get to it."

"When? The day when I dropped you off at the airport?"

Maya was beginning to cry.

"I don't know when I was going to tell you."

"You lied to me."

"I didn't lie to you."

"Not telling me that you got accepted into the school was a lie."

"I didn't mean to lie to you. When I moved out here I wasn't planning on beginning a relationship with you. My goal was to finish school here until I got into Franklin. No where in my plan did was fall in love with Maya Hart."

I had never said I loved Maya out loud. Sure I loved her, but I could never get those words out.

"I'm sorry I ruined your plan."

"But I'm glad you ruined my plan."

"Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"Because you have so much going on with Shawn and everything else."

"Oh my god I let you get close to Shawn. How many lies did you tell him?"

"Maya please it was one lie and I only kept it from you because I didn't want you to freak out over nothing."

"You hid your letter from me and never told me that you got accepted."

I tried grabbing Maya's hand, but she pushed it away.

I begged, "Maya please just give me a minute to explain everything."

"You have sixty seconds to explain," Maya said, wiping away her tears.

"Maya I'm not going to Franklin. I didn't tell you, because when I went to visit Franklin I realized I'd rather be here with you than somewhere without you."

"Wait, when did you go to Boston?" Maya asked.

There was another lie that Maya didn't know.

"Two weeks ago," I admitted.

"Two weeks ago? You were supposed to be in Philadelphia two weeks ago."

"I lied. I went to Boston to visit Franklin and to tell them that I wasn't going to be enrolling in the fall."

"So you lied to me again."

I'm starting to see what she was saying about lies. I've been lying to her for the past couple of weeks and she didn't deserve any of this.

"Yes."

Maya took a deep breath and wiped away all of her tears.

"I think it's for the best if we break up," Maya said.

"Maya please don't do this."

"Lucas sorry, but you need to leave."

"But this is my apartment."

"Fine. I'll leave."

Maya walked over to the door and slammed it shut.

"I love you."

-

Ignore my heart shattering.

And please don't hate me for writing this.