•seventy-three

"Stop trying to convince me that I'm doing the wrong thing. I know that I'm making the right decision."

•lucas

"I promise you that I'll be back within two days," I said, into the phone.

Maya sighed, "I miss you."

"Maya I've only been gone for a couple of hours."

"I know, but Pennsylvania is far away."

I lied to Maya before I left this morning. Instead of telling her that I was going to visit Franklin, I told her that I was visiting some old friends. Then I had to lie to her about why I couldn't pick up after the normal amount of time it takes to get from California to Pennsylvania.

All I was doing to get was lying. I hated lying, but she couldn't know the truth at this point.

"It's just below New York," I explained.

"Yeah."

"I promise that we can video chat everyday that I'm out here and you can call me whenever I'm not busy."

"And I'm going to pick you up from the airport."

"Yes. The moment that I touch down I'll coming running into your arms and you can spin me around."

"Lucas I can't lift you up."

"Why not?"

"Because you are like three times the size of me."

"Okay I guess that's fair enough."

Someone from the college opened their office door and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Are you Lucas Friar?" The man asked.

"Yes," I replied, covering up the phone so that Maya wouldn't hear any of this.

"They are ready for you."

"Okay. I just need to finish this call quickly."

"Make it quick."

"I have to go Maya, but I'll see you whenever I get back from my trip."

"Alright. I'll miss you."

"I miss you."

"Bye."

"Bye."

The man was still standing there watching me.

"Follow me," he commanded.

I followed him into an office where another man was sitting down.

"Sir Lucas Friar is here for his visit," the man said.

"Actually I need to talk about that," I said.

"Bruce you are free to go," the man sitting down said.

Bruce left the office shutting the door behind him.

"So Lucas I'm Mr. Johnson."

"Hello Mr. Johnson."

"What brings you here so early? The school year hasn't even concluded yet."

"I just recently received my acceptance letter and I need to speak to someone."

"What do you need to speak to someone about?"

"I've made the decision to continue my education in California next year."

Mr. Johnson gave me a strange look, "You are joking."

"No. I'm actually not joking."

"Why on earth would you not want to come to Franklin? Every student who has ever been here before has become a vet."

That was the reason why I was drawn to Franklin in the first place. I knew that if I went to Franklin that one day I would get to do something that I really loved.

"I'm aware of this."

The man searched around in his desk for something. After a couple minutes he pulled out a file. At the top of the file my name was written. The file must have contained my application and letters of recommendation.

"Lucas you had straight A's all throughout high school and middle school. You even had them in your other years of college. How can you just give an opportunity up like this?"

"I just really don't want to move half way around the country for something that I can do where I live."

Mr. Johnson shook his head at me. He was probably disappointed in me, but I don't care.

"Lucas I like you so here's what I'm going to do for you. I'm going to give you until a month before school begins to make your decision on if you want to come here or not."

"Okay."

I don't know why I said okay, because I already know that I'm not going to Franklin anymore.

I don't care if the college I go to back in California isn't as good as Franklin. If I stay back in California I get to be with the girl I love.

-

Lucas should stay in California with the girl he loves.

Also I posted the first chapter of Scars so you should check it out. You should also check out For the Crowd.