•fourty-six

"At this point I think I'm just scared that you'll find someone more stable."

•maya

The car hood was starting to burn the back of my legs from the sun beaming down. Lucas must be taking longer a longer test than I thought it was supposed to be and he wasn't answering his phone to let me know how much longer it was going to be.

My phone buzzed on the hood of the car with Farkle's face popping up.

"Hey Farkle what's up?"

"Riley wanted me to call and check up on you and Lucas. So how's it going?"

"Good. I'm just waiting for Lucas to finish his test."

"Oh yeah that test he had me up two nights in a row studying for."

"Yeah. I helped him study all night and after he finished we are going to hang out."

"What kind of hanging out?"

"Like we're getting ice cream and hanging down at the beach. Why?"

"Riley told me about how you kissed and I didn't know if anything happened with that."

"Oh."

"Do you not remember the kiss?"

I did remember this kiss unlike the last time. Lucas hadn't said anything to me about this kiss or about what I said to him the other night.

"Yeah I remember it."

"Oh so what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know. What should I do?"

"Well first of all, do you like him? I mean it's pretty obvious that you do, but I need to hear you say it."

"Yes Farkle I like Lucas."

"Then do something about it."

"I'm afraid he might get bored being with me. I come with a lot of baggage."

"Trust me Maya any guy would love to be with you."

"Thanks Farkle."

"You're welcome. Just do what makes you happy."

Lucas head popped through the front of the door and he had a huge smile on his face.

"Thanks. I got to go, Lucas just finished his test."

I hang up my phone just as Lucas came running up to me.

"How did you do?" I asked.

"Amazing thanks to you," Lucas yelled, pulling me into a hug.

He picked me up and spun me around as we laughed. I loved moments like this

-

"Are you actually going to get in the water? Or do you just plan on tanning the whole time we're here?" Lucas asked.

The beach wasn't crowded today and the sun was perfectly beating down on my skin.

I scoffed, "Speak for yourself. You are as pale as a ghost."

"Oh I'm sorry that I've been busy studying lately. Maybe I should just skip classes and go tanning with you."

"Sounds like a plan."

I squeezed some sunblock into my hand and rubbed it on my face.

"It's not really tanning if you put sunblock on," Lucas argued.

"Well I don't want to get skin cancer," I replied.

Lucas stood up and brushed the sand off of his hand before extending his arm out.

"Let's go, we are going to have the best day of our life's."

Reluctantly I took his hand and we both ran towards the ocean. The water was freezing, but I didn't stop running. Lucas took me in his arms picking me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck as we went farther into the water.

We took turns dunking each other in the water and splashing water at each other. Sometimes we'd float on our backs enjoying the warmth of the sun.

I wish we could have stayed there forever.

But a storm cloud forced the two of us to get out if the water and pack up our stuff.

"It's gonna storm we should probably head back to my apartment."

-

Just wait for the next two chapters.

It's finally what everyone has been waiting for.

Comment down below telling me what you think will happen :)