•nine

"All love ever does is, break and burn and end."

•maya

Today's probably the first day I've woken up on my own and at a decent time. The sunlight begins to shine through the crack in blinds and I fell two arms around around my body.

It takes me a moment to remember that I'm in Lucas's bed.

I slip through his arms and walk out into the family room of their apartment. My phone and the jeans I wore last night, Lucas let me borrow a pair of his sweat pants, are sitting on a pile in the kitchen.

I grabbed the two and slipped back into my apartment. I jumped into the shower quickly and brushed my hair free of the tangles. When I finished brushing my hair I heard the front door open.

"Riley are you here?" I yelled.

"Yeah are you okay?" Riley shouted.

I walked into the kitchen and Riley was sitting at the table eating a banana with peanut butter.

"Fine. Did you guys have power last night?" I asked.

"No it went and we had to light a bunch of candles. How were you last night?"

"I was supposed to hang out with Farkle, but he got stuck over at Booth's house. Lucas let me spend night at their place last night."

"You and Lucas alone together?"

I nodded my head.

"And you didn't kill him?"

"Nope," I said.

"So are you guys friends now or more than friends?" Riley smiled.

I shook my head, "No, no, no just because we slept in the same bed doesn't mean we're an item."

"You two slept together?" Riley shouted.

I throw my head over her mouth, "We didn't sleep together, we just shared his bed."

"And you guys cuddled?" Riley said.

"No. I mean he did have his arms around me when I woke up, but nothing happened last night."

"Maya you two would be so cute together! Please date!"

I wasn't really in the mood to date anyone. The only person I wanted to be with we Josh and he was never going to take me back.

"No! I'm not over Josh yet," I said.

Things in the room suddenly got blurry and I moved over to the couch.

"Maya you need to get over him."

"I'm trying."

I rubbed my eyes hoping I would be able to see better. My heart starting beating faster and faster and I felt that Riley could hear it pounding from the other side of the room.

Someone at the front door knocked and Riley opened it. Lucas's head popped through the front door.

"Hey guys," Lucas waved.

"Hey," Riley said.

Riley looked back and fourth at me and Lucas before she cleared her throat.

"Okay well I'm gonna just let you guys talk."

Riley ran off to her room and I stood up even though I felt dizzy.

Lucas held out one of my earrings towards me, "You left this in my room this morning."

"Thanks," I took the earring from him.

"Yeah. I didn't even hear you leave this morning, you could have woken me up."

"I didn't want to disturb you."

"It would have been fine."

Things became even more blurry and I griped ahold of the table.

"Maya are you okay?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah I think so."

But I was wrong, because everything went black.

-

Maya's passed out twice now :(