•forty

"Love works in strange ways."

•maya

I was surprised at myself for calling Dustin and asking him to go out on a date. He said yes and that's how we ended up together at a fancy dinner place.

"I have to say I'm impressed with your taste in restaurants," I said.

"What can I say, I've got a good intuition," Dustin replied.

The waiter came over to us and we both ordered our food. We both kept some small talk going until our food came and then we stopped talking for a while to eat the amazing food.

"This food is amazing," I hummed.

Dustin nodded, "See I'm good at picking out places to eat."

Within the few hours we had known each other I still hadn't learn the basics. We barely knew things about each other, well besides what the magazine had told him.

"So Dustin how long have you lived in California?" I asked.

"I've lived here my whole live. Both my parents were born and raised in California as well."

"I can't even remember how long I've liver out here. I just remember having to beg Shawn to let me move out here."

"Who's Shawn?"

I forgot that Shawn was someone in my personal life. The media had never gotten any pictures of the two of us together, because I didn't want to have to share him with anyone.

"Do you know Riley?"

"She's the one who's dating Farkle, right."

I nodded my head, "Her dad grew up with Shawn and he became a big part of my life when I was around thirteen."

There were so many more details that go on with Shawn, but something I didn't want to get into with dinner. And something's I wanted to just keep to myself and my friends.

-

After the two of us finished our dinner Dustin walked me back to my apartment.

"I had a really nice time tonight," I said.

Dustin smiled at me, "So do you think we could go out on a second date?"

Our hands slowly brushed up against each other until he laced our fingers together.

"I think there is a very good chance."

We finally made it to my apartment door and I could here people inside playing video games.

"Is there a good chance that I could kiss you right now?"

"Sorry I don't kiss on the first date," I sassed.

"Looks like we will be going out on a second date," Dustin joked.

-

Maya and Dustin are a couple now I guess. Please don't hate Dustin just because he's dating Maya. Hate them in a relationship, but not as a person.