•eighty-eight

"Nothing goes as planned."

•maya

Riley and I carried the last of our bags up to our apartment. I put mine down in my room and waited for Riley to do the same.

"Is Farkle still up?" I asked.

"I don't know. I've had my phone off for a couple days."

"Riley what if they are sleeping? It's like three in the morning."

"Well they can deal with getting up this early."

"You're nice."

"Thank you."

"Come on."

I grabbed Riley's arm and dragged her over to the boys apartment. Riley pulled out her extra key and opened the door.

Farkle was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

"Farkle!" Riley squealed, running over to him.

Farkle picked Riley up and wrapped his arms around her.

"I've missed you," Riley said.

Farkle replied, "I missed you too."

"Guys it's been like two days," I interrupted.

"Don't be jealous," Riley laughed.

Once Farkle put Riley down I started to wonder were Lucas was. It was late so he probably was still asleep.

"Why are you up?" Riley asked.

Farkle said, "I didn't get much sleep last night so I slept during the day."

"Hey Farkle where's Lucas?" I asked.

Farkle ignored what I said and kept talking to Riley.

"Farkle!" I yelled.

"What!" He yelled back.

I asked again, "Where is Lucas?"

"Oh that," Farkle scratched the back of his neck.

"What where is he?" I asked once again.

"Um he's.....he's not here," Farkle said.

What?

"Well where is he?"

"I guess he could be anywhere. That's why we are called the human race, because everywhere is always racing around to get to places."

"Farkle!"

Farkle only rambles whenever he's hiding stuff from people.

"Where is Lucas?"

"He went to Boston."

No. No. No.

He wouldn't leave. He wouldn't leave without talking through things with me.

I ran into his room. I expected to see him sleeping, but instead there was just an empty room. The only things remaining were his bed and his dresser.

Everything from his room was gone and he's closest was completely emptied out. Nothing was on top of he's dresser.

It looked as if nobody had been living in this room for months.

Farkle and Riley both came into the room.

"He left this note," Farkle said, handing me the note.

Farkle I would like to thank you for letting me move in with you. We had a lot of good memories together such as playing video games or surfing down at the beach. I'll never forget them.

I've decided that it's best for everyone if I leave and go to Franklin. Things are kinda up in the air with everyone, but I hope I didn't ruin things with you guys. Maybe when I finish college I'll come back to visit you and everyone else.

Oh and can you let Maya know that I love her. Leaving her behind won't be easy, but it's for the best if I leave.

Thanks again for everything.

-Lucas

I felt like collapsing on the floor.

"Farkle why didn't you tell me that he left?" I asked.

"I tried calling Riley, but her phone was off," Farkle explained, "And I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to call you and tell you that Lucas wasn't here."

"Farkle why didn't you stop him!" I yelled.

"I tried. By the time I called him he was at the airport waiting for his plane."

"Why didn't you chase after him?"

"I tried to, but he made it very clear that I should not go chase after him. He told me that even if I went after him that he wasn't going to come back with me."

Riley put her arm around me, "We have to do something."

"I guess I can try to convince him to come back to California," Farkle said.

"I'll check and see if there are any flights to Boston for tonight," Riley said.

I got up and walked out the room.

"Don't bother," I said.

Riley and Farkle both chased after me.

"Why not?" Farkle asked.

"If he actually loved me he wouldn't have left," I said.

"Maya he does actually love you," Riley told me.

"No he doesn't. He did exactly what everyone else does when they get close with me, they leave."

He ripped my heart out and smashed it to the ground, it's in million pieces. He had my heart in the palm of his hand and he just let it drop to the ground.

And I thought he truly loved me.

I guess we all think things.

"Don't bother chasing after him. He's already made up his choice. I hope he's happy."

He didn't even say goodbye.

-

So when I came up with this story this was the first chapter that I thought off. I didn't really think of all the beginning chapter until much later.

This story is slowly coming to an end and there are only twelve chapter left in this story.

But then there is always the sequel.