•ninety-nine

"You must give up the life you have planned in order to have life that is waiting for you."

•maya

Dear Maya,

It's me your favorite legal guardian aka Shawn. I'm sorry that I'm not there to tell you this in person, but that's what that darn cancer does to you.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you and even though I'm gone I'll still love you. I can't promise you that life is going to be easy without me, but with the help of your friends it may get a little easier.

When I met you for the first I couldn't believe how similar we were. Both of us had lost our parents at young ages and then received support from the people we could always count on. The Matthews took me in when I was a kid and Cory and Topanga did the same thing for you, because they love you.

I know that in the future Cory will be there to give you advice about the world. Topanga will always give you a hug and make sure that you are okay. Riley is going to find the best in every situation and will help you get out anything bad you do. Farkle is going to make sure that you do the sensible thing, because he's really smart and that's just what he does. Auggie and Ava are there to remind you that your still young and that you have so much to live for so never give up.

Each of these wonderful people have given us a better chance at getting somewhere in life. We would not be who we are today without them. And without them I would have not got the chance to meet you.

No matter how much time we spend together it was never going to see like enough, because we wanted more. But we don't need more. All the memories that we have together are going to live on forever and it will be up to you to remember those good times.

Remember Farkle tripping at graduation or Cory falling into the lake when we went camping. Take a look back at all those old photographs containing the memories, but remember to put them down after a while. Go create more of your own memories. Create the kinds of memories you will want to share with your kids one day.

I'm not going to physically be with you, but I'm always going to be in your heart. I'll be watching over you to make sure that your going to make the right choices. And even when you make the wrong choices I'll be there to pick you back up and make sure you learn a lesson from it. The right choice might not be the one you want, but there is reason why it's called the right choice.

I really wish that our time together didn't have to end like this, but the time we shared together was amazing. I've loved every second of being with you. I got to watch you become this amazing person that I know your mom would be proud of.

Never ever forget how proud your mother and I are about how far you have come. We were so lucky to have you in our lives even if it was for a short amount of time. We love you so much.

Now um not to get serious for a second, but what you and Lucas have is something special. It's something that I wish I would have gotten the chance to have with Angela. Whatever you do don't let him go, because I can promise nobody will never be like him.

I know I've said this a thousand times, but I love you. Don't you ever forget that.

Love,

Shawn

"I love you too."

-

One more chapter holy cow it's all leading up to the very last chapter.

But anyway whenever I post the last chapter can you guys write a review about the book in the comments below. I want to know what you guys liked or disliked about the book.