•fourty-four

"Cause you're all I need."

•lucas

"She's been locked in her room for hours now. I think she's still drunk from the party earlier," Riley told me.

Maya found away to get home and escape everyone before we got a chance to see her.

"She cried all night," Riley added.

I felt really bad for Maya. She probably hated that people were feeling bad for her, but I couldn't help it.

"Do you have a key to her room?" I asked.

Riley dug in her pocket until she found the key to her room. She slowly put the key into the door and opened the door for me.

"Let me go in alone okay," I whispered to Riley.

Maya's room was blacked out, Elliot Smith on a loop, and she had tissues all over her floor. Maya was under her blankets in a pile rocking her head to the music playing.

"Maya are you okay?" I asked.

"Go away," Maya half whispered and yelled.

"Maya I'm not going away," I said, sitting down on the bed.

I peeled the blanket off Maya's face to reveal her red puffy cheeks and red swollen eyes.

"I'm sorry," Maya mumbled.

I put my head down next to hers and wiped the hair out of eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," I whispered.

"How could I have been so stupid?"

"Your not stupid, Dustin is the stupid one."

"I really don't understand anything. I've never been a bad kid. What's is this like repayment for what happened to my mom."

"That was not your fault."

Maya couldn't control what happened to her mom. I never wanted her to have to think about that being her fault.

"So is it my fault that every guy I get with cheats on me," Maya cried into her bed.

"Maya stop thinking about them. You have so many other important people in your life."

Maya sat up in her bed and picked up her phone.

"Look at all these stupid texts from Dustin," Maya replied.

I sat up and pulled her phone away from her. She tried to grab it back up, but I put in on the ground out of her reach.

"Maya I've told you many times you just need to find the right guy who will treat you right. And I promise you will find him."

"What if I already found him?" Maya mumbled.

I raised my eyebrows at her, "Well that's great."

"Lucas it's....um," Maya stuttered.

Maya looked at the ground before throwing herself at me. Her lips smashed into mine and my hands wrapped around her waist.

"Stay with me?"

"Of course."

-

I'm emotionally unstable right now.

Why am I so emotional?

Lol I didn't mean to quote Stay with me that many times.