•eight

"Rainy days should be spend at home with a cup of tea and a good book."

•lucas

Maya and I were currently sitting down on the floor of my apartment floor watching some lame movie. We hadn't really said anything to each other since she walked in on me changing.

I haven't even asked Maya why she was at the apartment at the moment, or why she's still here.

"So are you gonna tell me why you're here?" I finally asked.

Maya picked at the nail polish on her finger nails, a habit I noticed of hers, "Farkle and I were supposed to hang out."

"He's over at Booth's house," I told her.

"I know that. He told me that it was supposed to storm so I can over to look for flashlights," Maya explained.

"Well do you wanna do something while we wait?"

"Like?"

"We could make out."

Maya threw a pillow at my head, "Funny. Now why don't you give a real answer."

"I don't know. We could talk about our interest, or our likes and dislikes."

"Sounds like something people do on a date."

"Just answer it."

"Fine, I like chocolate and I dislike you."

"Oh come on you don't hate me."

"I don't hate you, I just have a strong dislike towards you."

"Ouch."

We both sat on the ground not saying anything, making things very awkward. The storm outside grow louder and the wind speed began to pick up.

"Well are you gonna answer the question?" Maya asked.

"Okay. I like chocolate and I dislike people who dislike me," I told her.

-

"Can you tell Maya I won't be able to make it? The roads were so blocked so I'm just going to spend the night over at Booth's house," Farkle told me.

"I'm sure she'll love that," I mumbled.

"Does she still hate you?" Farkle asked.

"Hey she doesn't hate me, she just has a strong disliking towards me."

Farkle laughed from the other line, "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"See ya tomorrow," I hung up.

I turned around and there was Maya sitting on the countertop drinking a glass of water.

"Where's Farkle?" Maya asked.

"He's gonna be stuck at Booth's house tonight," I told her, "You can head back to your place if you want to."

"Actually," Maya began, "Can I stay here?"

I raised my eyebrows towards her. Maya had just told me she disliked me and now she was asking to stay here.

"Sure, but why?"

"I don't like being alone during storms."

-

The power went out around 9:30 and Maya basically clung to my side. I was going to have sleep on my bed and I was going to sleep in Farkle's room, but Maya wouldn't let me leave the room.

"Okay. I'll sleep on the ground and you can have the bed," Maya said.

"No you can sleep on the bed," I told her.

"But it's your room," Maya said.

"It's fine."

Maya hopped into the bed and I laid down on the ground trying to get comfortable.

"Lucas are you asleep yet?" Maya asked after a few minutes.

"Yes."

"Can you, um, sleep up here with me?"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I stood up and climbed onto the bed, keeping my distance from her, and laid down.

"Goodnight Maya."

"Goodnight Lucas."

-

Awwwww maybe they're almost friends.