•sixty-nine

"We have only known each other for a short amount of time, but I have a feeling that some amazing memories are in the future."

•lucas

Maya and I were sitting in the hotel room with Farkle and Riley when my phone went off.

I went into the hallway and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Lucas," it was Shawn, "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good and so is everyone else," I said.

"That's good. So do you think you can come over here alone for a little while."

"Sure. Do you want me to bring Maya?"

"No just you."

"Okay I'll see you in a few."

It's kinda strange that Shawn only wants me to come over.

I walked back inside the hotel room. Riley and Maya were testing each other hair out for the premiere tomorrow and Farkle was watching a movie on TV.

Maya was smiling and laughing at the jokes Riley was telling her. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face from seeing her happy.

"I'm kinda sick of eating room service so I think I'm going to go pick us up some food," I told him.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Maya asked.

"No. I don't want to take you out in public looking like that," I said, referring to her half curled hair.

Maya laughed, "Yeah. I kinda look like a sea monster."

"A very cute sea monster," I added.

I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss before walking out the door.

-

"Hello," I called out, walking into Shawn's room.

Shawn picked up his TV remote and turned it off the news once he saw me.

"Lucas take a seat," Shawn pointed to the chairs in his room.

You can tell that a lot of people have been here, because of the chairs everywhere and the different baskets full of various foods.

"So why did you want me to come down here alone?"

"Because I couldn't give you this in front of Maya," Shawn said, pulling something out of his pocket.

A ring.

A diamond ring.

"Where...where did you get that from?" I asked.

Shawn smiled, "From another time."

"I'm not sure that I follow what your saying."

"It's Angela time."

I had heard Maya mention something about Angela before, but I had never heard the full story before.

"Angela and I met when we were kids and I always knew that we were going to get married," Shawn explained.

"Did something happen to her?"

"The day I was going to propose she decided to move. I decided to move to New York for a fresh start as well. I thought that maybe one day we would meet again, but we never did. I kept the ring, because I swore that if our paths ever crossed again that I would marry her."

"I'm sorry you never got to marry her."

"Anyway I want you to have this. I know you aren't ready to get married to Maya, but whenever you are I want you to give her this ring."

"Shawn I don't think I can accept this ring."

"You don't have to, because it's for Maya."

"Right."

"Someone deserves to get their happy ending with this ring."

"Thank you."

"This way she'll always get to carry around a little piece of me."

"That's so sweet."

-

I love how close Shawn and Lucas are. And omg Shawn wants Lucas to give Maya the ring he wanted to give his girlfriend.

What do you think he's gonna do with the ring???

And I know that's not how Shawn and Angela's story went but that's how it's going to go in my story.

Can you believe that this story only has 31 more chapters left.