•twenty-five

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever."

•lucas

Isn't wasn't like I didn't like that a pretty girl took me out on date, I just wish that it would have been Maya.

I figured that we'd go catch a movie or something where we wouldn't have to talk, but this girl went straight for the nice dinner.

"So Lucas where are you from?" Stella asked.

"I'm from Texas then I moved to New York," I responded.

"How did you get to California?"

"I'm going to college here to be a vet. I've only lived out here for about three months."

I learned from Farkle that moved out to California two weeks into Maya's tour. Farkle and I were already friends from awhile back, but we were more along the lines of being those friends that see each other once and a while. We became much closer when I moved into his apartment.

"Do you like California better than New York?"

"California is warmer, but I lived in New York for most of my life, its always going to be my home."

"I've always wanted to go to New York," Stella said.

"Yeah. Maybe you should go sometime."

"Or maybe we could go visit New York."

Whoa. This girl works fast. We were only out on our first date and this girl wants to come with me to New York.

I shifted my weight, "Yeah I don't know about that."

"Right it's a little to early to be asking to go to New York."

"Yeah."

This date could not be over sooner.

"Look I'm sorry if I seem to be going really fast it's just your really cute and I'd really like to get to know you," Stella confessed.

How do you break it to someone that you don't really feel the same way as someone?

I cleared my throat to answer, but my phone buzzing in my pocket stopped me.

"Excuse me," I interrupted.

There was an incoming call from Riley.

"Riley what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm at the hospital," Riley said.

I asked, "Is she okay?"

"We were at the store and I got her out before she passed out."

"I'm going to meet you there," I said, standing up pulling bills out of my wallet.

"No. You're out on a date and she doesn't want you to have to leave," Riley mumble into the phone.

"Riley tell him he doesn't have to come," I heard Maya's voice in the background shout.

"I'm already on my way."

I hang up the phone before Riley could argue back.

"I'm really sorry, but I need to go somewhere. My friend is in the hospital and I need to be there," I explained to Stella.

Stella had a disappointed look on her face, but she nodded, "Okay. Maybe we can reschedule this date."

"Yeah. I've got to go. Bye."

-