•ninety-one

"You call me up just like a broken record."

•maya

Drinking seems so fun until you remember how badly the hangover hurts the next morning.

When I woke up Josh and I were cuddling, but I was the big spoon. Josh started to wake up once I did.

I pulled the sheets up from the bed and over both of us as Josh flipped over to face me.

"Well last night was fun," Josh said.

I smiled, "Too bad I can't remember half of it."

"Yeah. I only remember us singing some song about kissing people and then of course this," Josh smirked, pointing at the sheets.

"I don't remember that much about what happened after my fifth shot."

"Same."

I thought Riley was with us for some part of the night.

"Was Riley with us?" I asked.

"Yeah. You were drunk whenever I told her that I would stay and hang out with you," Josh said.

"Oh my god!" I yelled, sitting up, "Riley is probably freaking out right now, because I never made it home last night. She probably thinks I got kidnapped by some random stranger."

"Don't worry I texted her last night and told her that you were spending the night with me in my apartment," Josh reassured me.

I wish that was something unusual that Josh wouldn't do, but it is exactly like Josh. It's probably the reason why we started dating in the first place. He was this sweet guy who could just make you feel like the greatest person alive.

"That's really sweet," I smiled.

"I wouldn't let my niece worry about her best friend."

"It sounds creepy when you put it that way. You are only three years older than us."

We were both kinda quiet after that. Neither of us were sure on what should be said. It's not like we both read books on what to do when you sleep with your ex.

"So what happens now?" Josh asked me, "Do we start dating again and become boyfriend and girlfriend?"

I turned around and looked at Josh.

I asked, "Is that what you want?"

It looked like Josh thought about it for a few seconds and then he took my hand.

He took a deep breath, "No."

"Oh thank god."

We both laughed.

"Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun together last night," Josh began, "I just think that you and I were better as friends than as boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Same. I think things would be better between us if we just kept them strictly plutonic."

"So last night should we just forget about it?"

"No. I don't want to forget about it. I just wanted to make sure that we both were on the same page."

"Well last night was fun."

"I'm willing to go have drinks with you any night as long as we don't end up sleeping with each other again."

"Agreed," Josh nodded.

Maybe things between Josh and I could go back to normal. I liked the way things were between us before we started dating, because there was no pressure.

"Are you hungry?" Josh asked.

I replied, "Yeah. Do you want me to make something?"

"I can make us pancakes," Josh suggested.

Flashbacks of Lucas and I making pancakes started to appear.

He was terrible at making them and the mix went almost everywhere.

"Um let's do waffles instead," I said.

Josh nodded, "As long as you have some of the maple syrup you got on your tour."

"You still remember that syrup?"

Josh was talking about the syrup I brought back from the tour before we broke up.

It was the longest tour that I ever went on and Josh was with me the whole time.

One day we stopped at some breakfast place after my show and ordered at least half of the menu.

"Of course it was amazing. I remember we tried to recreate their waffles that one night."

"We ended up setting the fire alarm twice that night."

-

Okay so yes no need to worry Maya and Josh are just friends.

There will not be a love triangle between Lucas/Maya/Josh.

So no need to hate on Josh in this story.