•seventeen

"Nothing makes a father happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes."

•lucas

"So you're the famous Lucas Friar?" Shawn asked.

This morning when I made it to the Matthews apartment Cory pulled me away and drove me to the hospital so I could meet Shawn.

"Well technically I'm not famous, but Maya she's famous," I said.

Cory stood behind me laughing.

"So what is your interest in Maya?" Shawn asked ignoring what I said.

"My interest?"

"Yes. What is your interest in Maya?"

"Maya's just a friend."

"Really, because that's what Josh told me and then he broke her heart."

"I'm nothing like Josh."

"Josh is my own brother and even I can see the resemblance between the two of you," Cory butted in.

"I've never even meet the guy before," I said.

"I've meet him plenty of times and it's not that hard to see how alike you two are," Shawn told me.

I don't like being compared to someone like Josh. Everyone keeps saying that I remind them of him. Is that what Maya sees me as, just another boy who will break her heart?

"I understand where your coming from but just so you know I would never break her heart. I'd have to be in a relationship with her to break her heart. I don't really think she's into me in that kinda of way."

"Are you trying to tell us that you like Maya?" Cory asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. She's smart and really funny and I love to be around her, I'm just not sure how I feel."

"You seem like a nice young man and I don't want to have to kill you, so whatever you do make sure it's for the best," Shawn said.

"Yes sir."

-

A little short chapter on how much Shawn wants to protect Maya.

Oh yeah and Lucas kinda admits that he likes Maya.