•fourty-seven

"We keep this love in a photograph."

•maya

"Lucas where are we going?" I giggled.

"Almost there, just a few more steps," Lucas replied.

This morning Lucas told me we were going out for breakfast, but clearly that was not the case. He tied a blindfold around my eyes and I wasn't allowed to take if off until he said so.

"Lucas!" An unfamiliar voice yelled, "You're here."

Lucas apologized, "Hey Stan. Sorry we're a little late. Someone had to do their hair this morning."

Out of the friends Lucas had told me about I couldn't remember anyone named Stan.

"Excuse me! It takes you a least twenty minutes to do your own hair," I fought back.

"Hey! I'm trying to throw a grand gesture here," Lucas complained.

The guy laughed, "You two sound like my parents."

Lucas cleared his throat, "So is he ready?"

"Yup," he responded, "I'll go get him now."

The blindfold was still on me and I was beginning to get even more confused. I wasn't even sure where we were.

"Who's he?" I questioned.

"Just sit down on in this chair," Lucas directed.

"Well if only I could see the chair," I scoffed.

"So helpless."

Lucas guided me over to chair and stood behind me.

The door opened again.

"Okay. Stan is going to hand you something and I'm going to remove your blindfold," Lucas whispered into my ear.

I nodded my head.

Something light and soft was placed in my hands. The blindfold slowly got taken of my eyes and in my hands was a kitten.

"Oh my god!" I yelled.

"I think she likes him," Stan chucked.

I jumped up and hugged Lucas, careful not to squeeze the kitten.

"So he's about 5 weeks old and Stan here found him alone in the woods behind his house. I remembered our conversation we had about you getting a kitten and he needs a home. So Maya do you want to keep him?"

"Yes. A million times yes."

-

I sat in the passenger seat of Lucas' car petting the kitten on its back as he slept.

"We're going to have to stop and get some supplies for him," Lucas said, "It's going to storm soon so we better hurry."

I added, "Yeah. We should probably also give him a name."

"Remember nothing stupid," Lucas smirked.

"Darn I still really wanted to name him Lucas."

"Shut up."

"What about Jerry?"

"Really? Jerry?"

"We could call him Jerry Blossom."

"Now that's cute."

And there was my sign.

-

Yah I know your not supposed to take a cat away from its mom before it's like like 6 or 8 weeks old. Jerry doesn't have a mom so there is an exception.

Jerry Blossom.

Next chapter though!?!?!?