•twenty-one

"You hold the key to my heart, you just have to find it."

•maya

"This hospital food is gross," I said.

The hospital had given me some weird food to eat, in hopes to get my blood pressure up.

"Lucas and Farkle should be back any second with something," Riley said.

"Did somebody say Lucas?" Lucas asked, holding up a bag of food.

"And Farkle," Farkle added.

They have great timing.

"Finally," Riley yelled.

"I've never been so happy to see you guys in my life," I cheered.

"I got you your favorite," Lucas said, "Three Tacos."

"You are my hero. The nurse keeps trying to jam this gross applesauce down my throat."

"Your welcome."

-

A couple hours later Riley and Farkle had fallen asleep in the bed on the other side of the room and Lucas was still up talking to me. He was currently telling me about the one time he found a kitten and kept it until he moved out to California.

"Kittens are so cute," I mumbled.

"You should get one then," Lucas said.

I shook my head, "When would I have time to take care of it?"

"They aren't that hard to take care of. Just give them some food and water along with some toys."

"What about litter? Isn't that gross to clean up?"

"I mean, I'm used to it, but if you got one I'm sure I could help you take care of it."

"The more we talk about kittens the more I want to get one."

"I think it's a sign that you should get one."

"Maybe when we get back to California I'll get one."

The thing was having a kitten would actually help me out a lot. Riley and Farkle go back home all the time and I have to stay back by myself, it sucks being there alone. If I got this kitten I would have someone to hang out with while they're gone.

"If you get one don't name it something stupid like-"

"Lucas."

"Ouch. I was going to say snowball or fluffy."

"Well they both sound better than Lucas."

"Need I remind you that I brought you tacos and caught you twice after you pasted out."

"Fine your a very nice person."

"Oh I thought I was a dog."

"That explains the wet dog smell."

"I do not smell like wet dog."

And he really didn't. Lucas always wore this sweet smelling Cologne. It almost smelled like Shawn's.

"Okay. Whatever you say."

Lucas laughed, "What time is it?"

"Time for you to get a watch."

"Time for you to get a new joke."

"Umm I think it's 11:30."

Lucas yawned, "Okay."

I could tell he was tried. We had to have been her for a least six or seven hours now and he hadn't slept once.

"You don't have to stay awake for me, It's getting kinda late anyway. How about we call it a day?"

"Alright I'll see you in the morning," Lucas said.

"Good night," I responded.

"Sweet dreams."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite."

-

Ughhhh this wasn't even a cute chapters but I still got so many feels.

So Lucas might be helping Maya buy a kitten. How cute!!!

Omg btw thanks for the 3k. I'm really happy you guys are enjoying this book.