•fifty-eight

"Why are you being so pigheaded?"

"Because you don't know everything."

•lucas

"Good luck on your test tomorrow," Farkle said.

Farkle and I had been spending a few moments going over some flash cards I made up for my test.

"Thanks. This test should be fairly easy," I replied.

There was a knock at the front door.

"Come in!" Farkle shouted.

Maya flung the front door open.

"Hey guys," She said, before giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

Farkle asked, "What's up?"

"Marty got me an interview with Mindy tomorrow!" Maya exclaimed.

What was Mindy doing in Los Angeles? Last time I heard Mindy was in Minnesota finishing up some documentary about her childhood.

I asked, "What's Mindy doing in LA?"

"She is filming the last part of her documentary today. Mindy wants to me to come on her show and update her on my life."

Farkle replied, "That's so cool Maya. Congratulations!"

Farkle ran over and gave Maya a quick hug.

"Thank you," Maya grinned.

"I hate to leave, but I'm supposed to meet Riley for dinner in twenty minutes. I'll make sure to catch you on TV tomorrow," Farkle added.

"Maya I'm not so sure you should go on TV tomorrow."

"Why not?"

"The last time you were on TV you passed out."

"I haven't passed out in weeks."

Most people when they get hurt want to get back to doing whatever it was that hurt them. Maya isn't like most people though. I really just don't want to see her get hurt tomorrow.

"Maya please I'm begging you don't go on the show tomorrow," I begged.

"Lucas this is my career," Maya said.

"I thought your career was singing."

This was the stupidest thing anyone could ever say to Maya. She had already told me hundred different times that she couldn't start singing again.

Shawn and his cancer.

Her fear was that she would begin her tour and be in the middle of another country when he died.

"You know the reason why I'm not singing," Maya's voice began to sound angrier.

"Maya please just-"

"You know what we shouldn't even be fighting over this. It's my life and I can pick whatever is best for me."

"Maya-"

"I will see you tomorrow Lucas."

And then she slammed my apartment door shut.

-

I'm sorry this took so long to update.

If I can I will write another chapter by tonight.

Also I'm kinda have doubts on if I want to write scars. I have this idea for another book that I'm actually really excited about.

So what should I do.

Write scars or the book I'm super excited about?

Also if I were to write the one I'm excited about first I would then write scars afterwards.