•fifty

"You brought out the best in me, a part of me I've never seen."

•maya

"Are you sure you know what your doing?" I asked Lucas.

"It's not that hard to make the pancakes," Lucas said, trying to flip the pancakes.

"Technically you're not making pancakes, you just added milk and are flipping them."

Lucas tried flipping the pancakes again, but missed and it landed on his face. The pancake wasn't fully done so some of the batter dripped down on his face.

"And apparently you're terrible at making pancakes," I laughed, getting a towel to wipe of the batter.

"Don't you just love my new look?" He asked.

I kissed his cheek and stuck my tongue out at the terrible taste the batter was giving off.

"This is awful!" I yelled, sticking my tongue out.

The front door to my apartment suddenly was slammed open by Riley and Farkle.

"Drop everything you're doing right now!" Riley yelled.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack," I shouted.

Riley and Farkle ran over to us and gave me an envelope. The envelope had the name of the hospital Shawn was staying at.

A million thoughts ran through my head right now, most of them bad.

"Relax it's just a letter from my dad," Riley explained, "He just send it from the hospital. He was probably there visiting Shawn."

"Can you open it for me?" I asked, giving the letter to Lucas.

Lucas nodded and took the letter. He read it in his head before looking back up at me.

"Cory wasn't sure if he'd be able to tell you this over the phone or not, but Shawn isn't doing well."

"He hasn't been going well for a long time," I replied.

Lucas put his hand on my shoulder, "I think it's best we go see him."

"Okay. I'll start packing," I mumbled.

-

Looking back on it locking myself in my room for hour probably wasn't the best decision. On the other hand locking myself in the room was keeping my away from my problems.

While I was inside my room I could leave behind reality.

Reality sucked.

A noise from across the room, my phone, caused me to jump. Reluctantly I picked up the phone.

One new message from Cory:

Josh is going to be at our house visiting Shawn.

Great. Not only do I have to potentially watch Shawn slip away, I have to be be near my ex boyfriend.

There was a knock at my door, "Maya?"

"Come in."

Riley walked in holding Jerry. I wiped the small tears that were forming away and smiled at Riley.

"The boys went back to there apartment to pack. I found us tickets so we're leaving tomorrow at noon."

"Thanks for finding tickets so quickly."

"No problem. And the plane does allow pets so Jerry is more than welcome to come along."

I laughed a little.

"You know I'm here for you just like and Lucas and Farkle so if you ever need someone to cheer you up your all good."

"Thanks Riley," I gave her a quick hug, "Now let's pack quickly and go out and have some fun."

-

Had to throw in some quick Riley and Maya moments. Towards the end of the story there will be a lot of Maya and Riley moments.