•seventy-eight

"And you let her go."

•lucas

I watched Maya's chest rise and fall beneath the covers. We had both had fallen asleep very quickly last night.

I've been with lots of girls before, but Maya was the first girl that I wanted to take things slow with.

Maya began to stir and stretched her arms out. I leaned over and cupped her face before kissing her.

"Good morning," Maya smiled.

I smirked, "It is a good morning."

Maya smacked my arm and laughed at the innuendo.

"You are a sixteen year old boy," Maya laughed.

"Is that a compliment?"

"You know how you acted when you were sixteen so take it however you want to."

Being sixteen was so long ago. When I was sixteen I dated a girl who I went to high school with. My parents really liked her, because she was going to college to be Lawyer.

Things didn't work, because she was basically someone my parents forced me to be with. We never got to be ourselves and that really got in the way of our relationship.

Maya kicked my leg under the sheets.

"Hey what are you thinking about?" Maya asked.

"Just that I've never been this serious with someone before."

"That's a good thing, right?"

"Of course it is."

"Good."

-

Riley and Farkel decided to join us for pizza once it got dark out. The four of us were sitting on the couch watching a movie when my phone starting ringing.

I thought that it would be Shawn calling me, but instead it was Cory.

"Who's calling you?" Riley asked.

"Your dad," I replied.

Farkle asked, "Why is he calling you?"

"Well I have to pick my phone up first."

I walked out the balcony door and sat down on the chair.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lucas."

"Hey Cory what's up?"

"I actually needed to ask you something."

"Okay. What do you need to ask me?"

"It's about Shawn."

Nothing good could possibly come out of the conversation we were about to have over Shawn.

"Something bad happened with Shawn this afternoon," Cory replied.

"Is he okay?"

"He couldn't breathe again so they had to run some tests. There's fluid in the lungs and they drained it out, but they noticed how much damage there was."

"What kind of damage are we talking about?" I asked.

"He's not going to make it past the end of this weekend."

Cory coughed in an effort to disguise the fact that he was going to start crying. Shawn was he's best friend and he was about to be ripped away from him.

"Should I bring Maya out to say goodbye?" I asked.

"Shawn says not to, because by the time you guys would get out here it would already be too late."

"Well should I let Maya say goodbye tonight?"

"Not tonight. Shawn wants to call her back tomorrow after he can breathe a little better."

"Okay I'll make sure she picks up tomorrow."

-

I'm just going to let you guys know that you won't want to miss these chapters coming up in the next few days.

Things are definitely going to change around a lot.