•seventy-one

"Some nights I just sit there and think to myself about all things I should have told you."

•lucas

"Okay I've got one," Riley said, "When I was seven Farkle came over to my house and I tried to lock him in the closet so that he wouldn't leave."

Everyone in the room laughed.

"How long was I in the closet for?" Farkle asked.

"I think you were in there for about two hours until your mom called asking to know where you were."

And this is what we had been doing for the past hour and a half. Once we had gotten back from the after party we all began sharing stories from our childhood.

"Did you feed me at all?" Farkle asked.

"I think I might have given you a granola bar after a while, but I don't think that I gave you any water."

Maya laughed and put her head down on my lap.

"Are you tired?" I asked.

She yawned, "Just a little, but I want to keep listening to these stories."

"Okay just let me know if you get too tired."

"I will."

"Lucas your next," Riley said.

I don't really have any great memories from being a child. Most of the time my parents didn't really pay attention to me or my sister.

We never did anything together. They never once showed up to my school plays or basketball games.

All that keeps popping out in my mind is that moment when I graduated and they weren't there to clap for me.

It was just my friends who clapped for me. And when I got home later that night they left money on the table and said they were going on vacation for a week.

They always went on vacation without me.

"Lucas?" Maya called.

I didn't say anything.

"Lucas!"

Still nothing

"Lucas wake up!" Maya yelled, shaking my body.

I jolted awake.

I was dreaming the whole thing. We never had a conversation about our childhoods.

"Lucas are you okay?" Maya asked.

I sat up and quickly wrapped my arms around her. She rested her head on my shoulder and squeezed me tightly.

"Lucas are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?" Maya asked.

"Riley asked my to share a moment from my childhood and I just saw my parents doing everything without me."

"I'm sorry that they didn't care to learn about how amazing their son is."

"They haven't even called me more than one time since I moved out here. The time that they did call me it was just to make sure that I was going to my classes and getting good grades. They probably don't even know that we are dating."

"Lucas."

"All that they have ever cared about was their money. They chased Quinn away from our family and the probably want to do the same thing with me. They probably let me come to California so that they wouldn't have to see me anymore."

"Lucas don't say that."

"I can't help myself from thinking I was just some problem child that they had. They probably didn't want to have kids. I should have never been born."

Maya took both of her hands and put them on my cheeks so that I would be looking at her.

"Lucas stop thinking that right now. You are the most incredible person I have ever met and I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life. I don't ever want you to think that you shouldn't have been born."

"My parents didn't want me. They didn't want my sister. Nobody wanted me."

"I want you."

I leaned over and kissed her.

"I want you too."

She leaned back in and kissed me.

"Please don't ever go."

"Never," I whispered into her ear.

-

I need to finish this book before school ends for me. My last day is the June 4th but that whole last week is finals week so I won't be able to update.

So I think I'm going to finish this book on the 31.

There are still 29 more chapters left so I think some days I'll update more than one time.