•sixteen

"I'll be okay it might take some time, but I'll be okay."

•maya

They say it's rude to stare at people, but I can't help but stare at Shawn. It's hard seeing him look so fragile and weak.

"Maya please don't look at me like that," Shawn begged me.

I asked, "Look at you like what?"

"Your looking at my like I'm a baby bird who just fell out of its nest."

His attempt at trying to make me laugh only makes me sadder.

"Maya I'm fine," Shawn lies.

I shake my head, "No, no you're not."

"I know, I just don't like to be reminded that I'm slowly dying."

And that was the truth and the whole truth. There was nothing that anyone could do to help him.

"Let's not talk about how I'll be gone sometime in the future, lets just talk about how well your career is going."

"Well I just got back from my tour."

"Yes you did. The nurses didn't want me to go to your show in the city, but Cory helped me sneak out and see you."

"How was I?"

"Amazing as always. I saw you on TV a couple of days ago and you were amazing on that too."

"Yeah. Riley and Farkle couldn't make it to my show, but Lucas came to watch me."

"Lucas, now that's the guy who Farkles staying with right now?"

"Yeah. How'd you know that?"

"Remember I used to be friends with Farkle's parents. They've been in to see a couple times and they told about him."

"He's a nice guy."

"Am I gonna have to give him a talking to?"

Shawn has always given my boyfriends special talks trying to scare them away.

"Lucas is just a friend and he's very nice."

"Nice guys are always the ones you have to watch over."

I shifted in my seat.

"Have you talked to Josh since the breakup?" Shawn asked.

"No and I don't plan to," I told him, "He's dating someone else and I guess he's happy."

"Well are you happy?"

Was I happy?

"Yes."

"I can tell when your lying."

"I'm not lying."

"Maya."

"I promise that I'm fine."

Was I though?

-

Maya and Lucas are my otp and need to be together. I need to know who Maya kisses in the season finale.

Also thanks for getting this story to 2k reads.

Love you all xoxoxoxoxoxox