•fourty-five

"I've been looking down on the clouds for too long."

•lucas

Riley handed me a cup of coffee and sat down at the table with me. Maya was still in her room asleep from last night.

"So are you gonna be okay alone with Maya for the weekend?" Riley asked.

Farkle and Riley were going away to Seattle for Farkle's job. Riley decided that it would be best for me to stay over and hang out with Maya making sure she's safe.

"Yeah I'll be fine. I think Maya will be fine too. We'll probably just stay here and watch movies all weekend."

"Probably more fun than I'll have this weekend."

"As long as Maya doesn't do anything crazy it will be fun."

"Speaking of crazy, what did you say to Maya last night. She stopped playing Elliot Smith and wasn't crying after you left her room."

"Uh well just the normal stuff..."

"And what else?" Riley asked.

I struggled to tell Riley what actually happened last night. Nothing bad actually happened. We kissed for a couple minutes and then I left Maya so she could sleep.

"I....well we kind of kissed," I told Riley.

"You two kissed!" Riley shouted.

"Keep your voice down!" I yelled at Riley.

I didn't want Riley to want Maya up and I didn't want the whole building to hear our conversation.

The front door opened and Farkle walked through carrying a bag. He smiled at us and gave Riley a quick kiss on the cheek.

Farkle asked, "Are you ready to go?"

"I guess so," Riley responded, getting up leaving me alone.

"I'll see you guys in two days," I shouted to them.

-

I sat around Maya's apartment waiting for her to wake up for an hour or so. After a while I ran over to my apartment so I could grab my books for a test I had tomorrow. With all the drama that's been going on I hadn't had much time to study for this test.

I had flash cards, written for six different chapters, finished when Maya came out of her room.

"Hello sleeping beauty," I sang.

Maya stretched her arms and sat down in the chair next to mine.

"Did Farkle and Riley leave already?" Maya asked, rubbing her forehead.

"Yup. They left about an hour ago."

I got up and grabbed some Advil and a bottle of water for Maya.

"Thanks," Maya grinned.

"How's your head?"

"It's okay."

"That's good."

Maya probably remembered what happened last night, because she wasn't that drunk. I didn't want to push anything on her though, just in case what she did last night was something she did because she was drunk.

"What's all this?" Maya gestured towards all the books.

"I have a big test tomorrow," I began, "It counts for like one third of my grade and I still have to get through another chapter."

"Do you want some help?" Maya asked.

"Sure you can help me make flash cards."

"Hey how about tomorrow after the test we go to the beach? Maybe get some ice cream, rides some rides, walk along the beach?"

I nodded my head, "Sounds like a plan."

-

You guys a probably ready to kill me right now. I can promise all of you within in the next couple chapters Maya will finally own up to her feelings for Lucas.